Staying Strong

linzeelee
on 1/9/14 9:45 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Girl, I just got off my phone, got out my laptop and logged in from my computer because I had to reply to this. LOOK how close our stats are. Starting weight 280. Goal weight 130. Nearly identical height. The difference? I am almost 32. I WISH I had done this when I was 26. I have fought my weight all my life, and for the first time ever, I feel like I am winning. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have over 100 excess pounds off of me. My surgery was in May and I am down over 100 pounds, and I am not a particularly fast loser.

As for dealing with the anxiety, I kept myself so busy up until I left for surgery that I didn't have a lot of time to think about it. Distraction. It helped a ton. I also like positive visualization. See yourself showing up at the hospital calm and ready. See yourself waking up from surgery in no pain. See yourself walking the halls easily. See yourself drinking your protein shakes easily. See yourself losing the weight with no problems. Try to think positive thoughts and squash the negative ones when they creep in. And if all else fails, I recommend Xanax. (Of course you have to get that from a doctor, but it's helped me through anxiety in the past)

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

rissa1224
on 1/9/14 9:29 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Dont sweat it!! I am now 26 and had my VSG 2 1/2 weeks before my 25th Birthday. It is a crazy thrilling ride but its amazing! I was 307 day of surgery, and 326 was my highest weight ever. All I kept thinking was how I will never see those numbers again and I will be healthy and happy which is most important. I have had a co worker who just had her VSG 3 weeks ago and she told me it was easier than expected- she was freaking out as well! I didnt really freak out because I was SO ready to change my life for the better, but I do understand how you feel! We all were in the same boat as you. It is the best ride of your life and enjoy it.

I would say go for a walk, take a few deep breaths and think happy thoughts! Think of all the goodness that will happen to you in the next months. Think of long term of this. Your life is going to change, and its the most amazing thing to happen. =)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 362 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views