Panic Attack -Surgery on Thursday

mamasloth
on 1/28/14 6:26 am

I suck at my job today because  I can't  focus and then about an hour ago, I just started bawling and shaking. 

I'm starting to freak out about this. What if it doesn't work?  What if something goes wrong?  I need a sedative for for the next 30 hours.

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/28/14 6:36 am, edited 1/28/14 6:37 am
VSG on 10/30/13

If your psych or PCP has rx'd an anti-anxiety agent, go ahead and take it..just don't drive home on it..wait until you are home, no DUI's please lol. As long as your surgeon is aware of the meds you are on and you give the anesthesia person a heads up you should be fine.

I freaked out once..about a week prior to surgery. I woke up in the middle of the night and was like, omg..I am going to permanently alter an organ in my body. It passed, the surgery went well, I was off pain killers in 3 days and survived the clear fluids, full fluids and pureed stages without too much of problem.

Relax. You're normal. It's all good. 

mamasloth
on 1/28/14 11:25 pm

Thank you! Just hearing that my freak out/worries are normal makes me feel better.

I'm going a little better today.  Thanks for replying.

Tracey C.
on 1/28/14 7:37 am
VSG on 12/27/13

I was in pre-op so long before my surgery, more then once I thought about jumping from hospital bed and running out the door.  Once in the OR, there are so many things all happening at once, there isn't time to be scared. Say a prayer for the good man upstairs to watch over your surgical team and special care of the surgeons hands.  Good luck, you will be amazed how easy it really is ( after the first 2-3 days ). 

mamasloth
on 1/28/14 11:25 pm

haha. I worry about that too. They may need to strap me down to the bed to keep me back there. ;-)

Thanks for replying. 

BigDee205
on 1/28/14 7:59 am - Birmingham, AL
I felt the same way last week. Just stay focused and it will happen so fast. Good luck. I'm rooting for you.
mamasloth
on 1/28/14 11:26 pm

Thank you!  Just waiting on the call for surgery time now!

Shymtflower
on 1/28/14 8:43 am

I did the same thing last week before my surgery. If the doctor recommended you a sedative than I would take it.  Call him, or call someone that will support your idea to have the WLS.  Good luck.

Shyann

Believe laughIm'possible

mamasloth
on 1/28/14 11:26 pm

Thanks!  I probably should have asked for one to take before I even get there tomorrow ;-)

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views