149 finally!

Joy M.
on 1/31/14 2:53 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

I've been at a stall for about a month. So frustrating but finally to the 140s. I'm so hoping I can get to at least the 130s. It's been 6 months and I'm very happy with being 70 pounds down but I still have a huge tummy to me so I know I've got plenty to loose and it's bulk not just skin. Heck I've even lost a lot of my bust now there's some loose skin but I still have a large spare tire around my waste that's annoying! I'll probably never be "super skinny" n never anorexic I like food too much the little I can eat but it would be nice to get to a more "normal" looking without looking pregnant. It still frustrates me that it all seems to just gloat around the mid section. Oh well... Happy weight loss everyone and I am still sooooo very thankful to have insurance that paid for this and to have had the opportunity. I wouldn't change a thing about it except to have been able to have done it years ago! I feel I wasted much of my life being fatter and unhappy with what I couldn't do!

claimmaster
on 1/31/14 8:21 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

That's really great for 6 months out.  I've still got plenty to lose, too, at 7 months out, and although my weighloss has stalled for 2 months, it's finally, slowly, started moving again.  I need to remember to be happy with a 2 pound weightloss per week.  I look at it like it's 2 pounds of butter, and that's a lot!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Nmmsg
on 1/31/14 8:28 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

Jane -  

It has been slow for me but I am OK with it.  It is still going down. December was pretty much just a holding my own month but the numbers are moving down slowly since then.  We are the engines that could!  I thinkI can. I think I can....

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Nmmsg
on 1/31/14 8:25 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

I just got to 149 today also.  It has been so long since i have been in the 140's- I can't even remember when that was!  Yay us!   Let's keep on going to the 130's.  

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

happyteacher
on 2/1/14 3:22 am

About that belly fat... 

I lost to goal and then a little more.  I still had a gawd awful stomach problem though... the pic on the lower left corner of these before and afters is most similar to me, but I had more droop around the belly button area.  After the TT- perfectly flat and no tire on the sides or anything.  Diet and exercise was not ever going to get rid of that.  They took off about 5 pounds of tissue- in my opinion not a huge amount.  I actually weigh today exactly what I weighed going into that surgery, although still a little swollen so it for sure was not a weight loss effective type surgery.  Anyway, something to consider if you are able to.  My surgery was completely transformational for me.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views