6 months - a little late

sillymilly
on 2/2/14 11:28 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

Here's my 6-month update, sorry it's a little late.  I'm working, in school full-time, and just started as a Pampered Chef consultant.  So my life is pretty full right now, which is why I haven't been on the boards much lately.  Went to see my surgeon for a follow-up and bloodwork again last week and the result is that my bloodwork came back fine, my blood pressure is down to 130/80 without any medication anymore, and on his scale I was 195 (I blame it on my clothes.  My scale said 194 that morning.)  That day my surgeon had a new resident and I was apparently the first sleeve patient he'd seen.  He was amazed at what I've accomplished so far, and that made me feel so good!

For the new year I started going to the gym on my lunch hour, since I was having a hard time getting there after work.  Mostly treadmill and elliptical, with some weight training mixed in.  My wardrobe is now size 14 and 16 pants, and L and XL tops.  In another few weeks I'll hopefully get rid of the larger sizes, but right now I'm keeping them around because I really like some of those outfits.  It was kind of hard to like my clothes before, I only picked them out because they fit me.

I did kind of succeed in posting a before and after pic.  I don't know how my head got cut off of the "before".  Feel free to look at more on my profile.

pre-surgery 6 months post-surgery

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

Ihearttennis
on 2/2/14 11:57 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

You look fantastic.  I enjoyed seeing your pics in your profile. You have a beautiful family and I love  the new hair style too.  

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/2/14 9:00 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

I also went back and looked at your before pictures. You look AMAZING! I love it when people post their pics, it's so inspirational.  Keep working that sleeve, you're doing awesome 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 178 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views