Am I definitely going to lose my hair

theladyelsie
on 2/19/14 6:16 am
VSG on 08/06/13

I started noticing some disturbing hair loss around 5 months post op.  I was pretty devastated but I did some evaluation..I hadn't been diligent on my vitamins and my protein like I had been initially due to my grandmother's death, kinda put me in a tailspin for awhile.  Anyway, I got back on my game and I have noticed the hair loss has pretty much stopped.  I think if you are vigilant about your protein and vitamins it will definitely help you.  I tried the nioxin and hated it...I do take biotin but that is just for new regrowth and it is kind of annoying how it makes your hair grow everywhere!

Deborah B.
on 2/19/14 6:31 am

Mine was fine until about six years out and it fell out a very little but I'm not sure it was from the surgery. 
Although my doctor said to take biotin. It grew back quickly. 

Hope you don't lose any. As other's have replied and I agree; be sure to get all your protein and vitamins that are required after surgery. 

Nothing is definite. You may not lose one hair. :)

jndrake
on 2/19/14 8:00 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi I am two months out and am starting to notice it happening. It is like when I had my children and lost hair, lots in my hands in the shower and lots more when I finger through it after the shower before drying it. I have thin hair to begin with. so I'm hoping I don't start looking bald  I just knew it would happen to me, even though my nurse said she didn't think I'd have a problem with all the protein I'm getting . I'm just hoping and praying that it won't be for too long or I'll have to look into some kind of powder to hide the white bald spots. 

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active