Starting pureed stage!

mollz007
on 2/23/14 12:55 am
VSG on 02/20/14

I never thought I would be so excited to eat applesauce and greek yogurt, lol. After almost 2 weeks of liquids, it sounds so good. What were your favorite things to eat during this stage?

check out my blog!

Scribbler
on 2/23/14 1:06 am

Refried beans! I made some refried black beans the other day, and they were heavenly! The hubs and I are still enjoying them... he puts them into burritos, I have them in a bowl with a little bit of melted low fat cheese.

The liquid stage is really the pits, isn't it?

mollz007
on 2/23/14 1:10 am
VSG on 02/20/14

I'm so excited for beans! My instructions say to wait until day 7, so that would be on Thursday. Then I will have some for sure! Pre surgery, I didn't care for refried beans and asked my nut if I could eat blackbeans instead and she said yes, but who knows if I like refried beans now. I know that tastes change, and I have already experienced some of that! I guess the only way to know is to try!

check out my blog!

Scribbler
on 2/23/14 7:02 am

I started the liquid stage hating yogurt. Now I love it. Maybe I just ate so much of it that I started to like it? Who knows, you could end up liking the refried beans after all.

If you don't like refried beans, I suppose just about any kind of bean would do. Another one of my favorites is spicy lentils. I plan to make some after I eat through some of this other puree/soft food that I have sitting around.

Ms_Silly
on 2/23/14 1:12 am

Heck yea I remember being SO EXCITED for that transition too! I mean one more liquid meal might have done me in! lol. I loved and still love greek yogurt! either plain greek yogurt with a little splenda added or danon light and fit greek (you have to watch those grams of sugar - some yogurts have 20+ !!!). The Danon light and fit have only about 6 or 7g of sugar. Anyways, I tried a couple of different soups during that stage too, adding unflavored protein poweder... mostly ending up being very YUCK, but I found one soup that had enough flavor to mask the protein powder - campbells cheesy chicken tortilla. It does not have any chunks in the soup so you dont have to blend to eat. I experimented some with eggs... mashing them up w/ a little mustard. That was okay. I struggled during this phase after a few days. I just was not very creative and got sick of having the same things over and over. Eventually I had to add protein shakes back in to up my protein intake. I was most successful with the GNC brand shake called total lean. Good luck to you! Your just around the corner from introducing "real food" :) and I know these stages SUCK and feel never-ending but it does end and gets so much better!

mollz007
on 2/23/14 1:22 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Yum that soup sounds so good! I think we are going grocery shopping today and I will check out the soups. I'm also planning to check out some cookbooks for bariatric patients.

check out my blog!

Ms_Silly
on 2/23/14 2:21 am

good luck :)

mollz007
on 2/23/14 2:26 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Thanks!

check out my blog!

mishaann01
on 2/23/14 6:20 am

I'm just finishing my puréed stage tomorrow. My favorite was cheese tortilla soup and I puréed cottage cheese in for extra protein. I also loved chili with cheese and a bit of sour cream. I could only get in about 2 ozs over 30-1 hours time so they always got cold. I didn't mind though... They tasted so good lol!

HW: 280.4 Pre-op diet: -10 (270.2) SW: 270.2

Surgery date: 2/3/2014

TamTam111
on 2/23/14 6:58 am, edited 2/23/14 6:58 am

I have been on liquids for 4 weeks now [Dr. Watkins is super conservative and has us on each stage for 4 weeks] and get to start puree foods tomorrow…..so excited for some applesauce for breakfast!!  I also have liked the Campbell's Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup while in my liquid phase (it has great flavor even when blended and strained), but I'm looking forward to having it without straining later this week!!  

Not sure how my tastes will have changed after surgery, but I'm also looking forward to refried beans, sweet potatoes and egg yolks w/FF Mayo (devils egg stuff). 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views