Bronchitis

ck9779
on 2/24/14 12:45 am
VSG on 12/11/13

I was diagnosed with bronchitis on 1/24/14 that's right a freakin month ago. I was getting better but suddenly over the weekend my cough is getting worse and I didn't think that was possible. I woke up this morning with a sore throat. I made an appointment with my PCP for tonight.

I am so over throwing up and its not from overeating or eating too fast but from coughing. It never fails that as soon as I eat and get my hiccups telling me to stop I start coughing and violently gagging and I am up running for the nearest sink, toilet, trashcan ect.

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/24/14 2:34 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Stay hydrated! You probably don't much feel like doing that but it's important because you're not getting fluids from you food anymore..plus..it thins out the phlegm in your lungs. 

Your body is talking to you when you throw up..the food you are eating isn't agreeing with it..dial it back and try going to full liquids again..cream soups, bouillion, decaf tea, protein shakes,  warm liquids and the like. You can take an anti-nausea medication, I have promethazine, others have zofran, and if you no longer have it, ask your PCP at your appt today for some. Your new tummy needs rest! Stop stressing it with food and vomiting and let it rest. 

I hope you feel better soon..bronchitis is the worst 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views