MONTREAL CANADA MEMBERS

Christine F.
on 2/27/14 4:14 am

I feel quite lost on this journey. My husband supports my decision and my sister had this surgery almost two years ago and has lost over 130 pounds :) I am just so nervous. I have hypoglycemia and have struggled all my life with my weight. I have been big since I was  teen and had little to no friends and I have a few good friends now but I am looking for friends to make on here that I can talk with and share my thoughts and worries.

Thanks

Christine

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 2/27/14 4:25 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Hello and welcome I just wanted to let you know if you got the forums and pick all you will see a forum for Canada. They may be able to help you if you have questions about doctors around you and such.

Curves-r-us
on 2/27/14 8:52 am

Hi Christine!

welcome to OH. I have been on this site daily for the past year or so, but rarely post.

As Bbarriger stated, you'll find Canadian provinces forum and more specifically, Quebec. It is not a super active forum, but it's home!! You'll likely get a few answers to your questions on the Qc forum.

You will find sooo much information here that you might not find elsewhere. There are some people who have been post-op for many years and are still maintaining. I personally find that motivating and inspiring, even though it is challenging. There are also lots of people just starting out who have questions that i may also have. I make lots of notes as i learn new things (i'm geeky that way! LOL!). I want to be  as ready and informed as i can be.

Unique to Qc is our health care and access to surgeons. I'm sure you know what a challenge that is. I am going through my process at the RVH, even though the surgeons do a big sleeve. It is 'only' a year wait compared to the three years+ at Sacre Coeur (unless you go private self-pay, of course). 

in any case, welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey.

Elsie

Carpe diem 

Most Active