Denied

Banana14
on 3/20/14 4:58 am

I have been denied by Aetna twice after going through all their requirements. I was denied for weight gain during one of my weight management visits and have no co-morbidities. If that was the case why was I continually seen and my money collected if I was not eligible for surgery? They filed a peer to peer and I just found out yesterday that I was denied again. My surgeon wants to file a level 2 appeal which is basically the same thing just more paperwork and letters. So I should know by mid April if I am approved. If not, I feel like I either need to let this go or pay out of pocket or something.

My husband is having surgery today and I have been super supportive through the whole thing but inside I am GREEN with envy. I just want to cry! We had planned on doing this together and I have failed him and myself miserably!

Have any of you been denied in the beginning only to be approved later and successfully had surgery through Aetna or any other insurance provider?

mickeymantle
on 3/20/14 5:07 am, edited 3/20/14 5:08 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

many people have been denied and then after a number of appeals got it approved

what is you bmi , did you do a sleep study for sleep apnea, do you have back and knee pain , do you get rashs,these are all  co-morbidities

you may need to do the six month diet again and stay stricter, I needed to lose 50 lb before surgery  and it took me 8 months to do but I got it done

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tracy D.
on 3/20/14 5:18 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh, man - don't tell me this!  My hubby has Aetna and we've been waiting for over two weeks to hear back from them.  They couldn't find evidence of his sleep study...but they're the company that paid for it and continue to approve his claims for CPAP equipment - WTF!  I sure hope we hear something positive this week or he will lose it.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 3/20/14 5:45 am
VSG on 12/06/12

I was approved by Aetna with out incident in about two weeks. The best part the whole thing only cost me 500 bucks.

pharmagirl_45
on 3/20/14 5:46 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

I have Cigna and was denied the first time because of missing paperwork.  Once that was taken care off, they approved me and I had surgery back in January.  I was devastated when I got denied but it all worked out.

Why did they deny you the second time?

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

VSGSteve
on 3/20/14 11:13 am - NJ
VSG on 04/17/13

Keep trying!! You will get there!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question