Kidney Disease and WLS

Alese M.
on 3/21/14 2:31 pm - FL

Hi Everyone....

I had a Pancreas/Kidney transplant 10+ yrs ago.  On July 30, 2013, I had a VSG....I knew my kidney doctor had mentioned that he had several pts who had the gastric by-pass (last year) while on dialysis...I was impressed but as I got to thinking with the absorption of anti-rejection meds, my decision to have the sleeve was b/c I was afraid these very important drugs wouldn't be absorbed.  The sleeve was just approved nationally last year so the pts that had the RNY most likely didn't have that option.  Also, the lap band is known to slip and not good to have as an option.

I have copied and pasted the website for the first-ever WLS study by my kidney doctor (in FT. Lauderdale, FL) in the world....My doctor supported my decision to have the VSG and here I am.

This post will not have any importance to many of you on this OH site but just a note to show how safe and effective it is to save lives and gain our health back!

http://kidneygroup.blogspot.com/search?q=GASTRIC+BYPASS+SURG ERY   If you scroll down after opening that post there is a BMI chart and even a diet.   Take care and be well. Hugs, alese inFL   

alese in SE FL    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views