Today is the day

takingcharge27
on 3/23/14 8:42 am

I met with my surgeon on March 10th and got my surgery date, April 15th (originally April 22nd) and today I start my 3 week diet! So far I've had some disappointing experience with the chicken broth, so instead I bought soup and drained the veggies and drank just the broth which was amazing! Jello and fudge pops, and applesauce have helped. I hear the first 4-5 days are the hardest. I do have a headache but I'm guessing that just comes with no eating like I have been. I'm so excited to start my weight loss and can't believe my surgery is 3 weeks away! 

Any my suggestions to help me with the liquid diet would be very much appreciated! 

megan.sherman
on 3/23/14 9:19 am
VSG on 05/17/14

Sugar free Jolly Ranchers helped me.  Drink lots of water and get as much protein in as you can.  I had to do two weeks (just had surgery last Monday) and it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated.  Good luck to you, you can do it!

gsp8610
on 3/23/14 9:23 am

It gets easier after the first 3 to 3 days. Good luck!  It will go faster than you think. Try to keep yourself distracted and busy. 

weese
on 3/23/14 9:40 am
VSG on 02/26/14

Mixing the protein powder into the chicken broth really hides its flavor. Plain broth doesn't have much flavor I mixed bullion into it to punch it up. Sugar free cherry jello made with one cup of apple juice was a cravings satisfier. 

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

Most Active