Reunion this weekend and NSV

kerry B.
on 3/25/14 1:12 am
VSG on 11/04/13

I am a little over 5 months out and am pretty happy with how things are going.  This weekend I am going to my 10 year vet school reunion.  6 months ago I would not even consider going.  Now I am excited to go, excited to get on a plane without fear of using the seatbelt extension that I bought online so I wouldn't have to ask for one, without fear of always thinking about what everyone else is thinking about me.  Also, I am in such a good place as far as my food choices that I am not even freaking out about what I will eat.  I know I can find something almost anywhere and confident in my ability to make the right choices!  (It is my ability to make the same appropriate choices a year from now that I worry about).  It is just such a new experience I don't even know what to do with myself right now.

Also, this past weekend my husband and I were shopping and walked past a Victoria's Secret.  I mentioned I might be able to shop there soon and my husband was like "let's go in and give it a go!"  He's such a cutie.  I went in and was measured and tried on several bras that all fit!  (yes it was the largest size they carry in the store, 38 DDD, but still) I left with two.  I have worn Lane Bryant bras for 20+ years and they have served me well and there are a few new ones that are very pretty BUT I am amazed at the new technology in the VS bras I bought.  I can't believe that LB hasn't stepped up and taken notice.  The VS bras I bought are soooooooo soft and there are no places to pinch or flip or fold up unattractively.  I know I know, my new body is probably helping a little, but this is really amazing.  I have never worn a bra that I simply forgot I was wearing.

Happy Tuesday folks!

5'9", 52 years old, 10 years postop VSG, HW 316 CW 195. Updated 11-12-23

tdallison
on 3/25/14 4:04 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

woohoo!  That is awesome!!!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

kerry B.
on 3/25/14 10:27 am
VSG on 11/04/13

Thanks!

Lisa J.
on 3/25/14 5:00 am - OK

You rock! I think it's very important that you learned to make better choices before you had your surgery--it's one thing that will also keep you grounded. You wouldn't believe that we learn to eat around our tool. I once worked with a gal who had RNY about a year earlier than I had VS. At work functions I could NOT believe the food she could put away!! She has to work at least 2x as hard as I do keeping it off because of it. You'll probably slide a little in a year or so. It's to be expected, honestly. You sound like you're really on top of things and I commend you. I just went 'back on' my lifestyle about 10 days ago--and I can already tell the difference. Just the bloating and uneasy feeling that I felt was enough to make me sick inside. And I knew what I had to do.

I keep telling people how easy this choice was for me. And I don't go back on that now. It's easy to eat right, but just not easy to make yourself do it. I did a lot of tasting at different points, and I decided that that extremely temporary taste of something bad for me was NOT worth it. Not as good as I thought I had remembered it to be. That said, still a bite of cheesecake is THE best thing ever. And one bite IS enough. That's not even what I think I want. I think I want salty crunchy things,  which are sliders and you can totally overdo it in just a few minutes. Which leads to more wrong choices. Getting over the carb curse is the hardest. But I know I can do it. I've done it. And I'm doing it now.

Enjoy the next 6 months or so, you're gonna have a ball! Have a blast at your reunion!! It's almost a tearful experience to strap yourself in the plane and be able to not use the extender AND cross your legs and pull the tray down with room to spare!!! It's the most simple NSV ever. Congratulations Dr!

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
kerry B.
on 3/25/14 10:28 am
VSG on 11/04/13

Thanks!  I appreciate the vote of confidence!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views