3 month labs

mkvand
on 4/4/14 5:49 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I just got the results from my three month labs, and everything is good except carnitine.  I made sure to go through the entire report myself to make sure everything was in range, since I've seen several people post that their docs said they were fine when they were actually out of range, and I had a friend who used to be a lab tech double check. Other than my carnitine being low, my folate was a bit high, and everything else was in range.  Even vitamin D and iron.  These are the two I was worried about since I have a history of anemia, and I'm only taking the D in my multi, which I know for many people isn't enough. 

I was very surprised at how much blood they had to draw.  I've seen DSers post that if your doc isn't pulling a dozen vials, they aren't covering everything.  As a VSGer, I thought the tests would be less, and they were.  I only needed nine vials. 

The most exciting part?  Pre-surgery, I was borderline diabetic.  Today's A1C=4.8! 

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Susan_04
on 4/4/14 11:15 pm - WI

I work in the lab as a phlebotomist so last week when I had my 4 months labs done I had access to the results also(all employees at our hospital are allowed to look up their own results, etc if we sign a paper through the medical records office), even though the Dr's office did call to tell me the results also.

The only thing that was low for me is my vitamin d. I am getting Vit d in the citracal and my multi but its still low so they called me in a script for vit d.

They ordered quite a few tests for me also, but they are the norm that I usually see ordered.  

Congrats on your good numbers! Its exciting isnt it?!?!

mkvand
on 4/5/14 9:03 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

It's really exciting.  I'm glad to hear your labs were good too.  Now that it's getting warmer, can you up your D by spending more time outside? 

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views