All this water should come out??

Chelle40D
on 4/12/14 12:02 pm
VSG on 03/18/14

I am about 3 1/2 weeks out and have been getting in my 64 ounces or more of water, plus protein shakes.  I seriously only pee about 3 times all day (morning, then not until around 5:00-6:00, and then before bed).  Prior to surgery when I drank all of this water, I would go all the time.  Is this normal? 

csbsteph
on 4/12/14 12:33 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

I don't know if it's normal but I too don't have to go quite as often as my fatter self did.  I'm thinking perhaps all my fat was resting on my bladder.  I dunno...this week my 4th week I am going more now so maybe it's just a temporary thing.  Hopefully a vet will chime in & give you some info.  Good luck & be well.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

gabby169kitty
on 4/12/14 12:36 pm

How long prior to surgery were you drinking 64 oz of water/day? I know when I start drinking larger amounts of fluid I'll pee a lot starting out but then it's like my bladder stretches and gets used to holding more urine so I don't pee as many times. Maybe that's what's happening to you? Also, when consuming a lot of protein your body needs extra water to process the protein properly.

Surgery will be hopefully in October or November 2014, with Dr. Megan Gilmore

kkirksy1
on 4/12/14 1:11 pm

You are dehydrated. Your body is hanging on to the water because you need it. It will get better.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views