Thanks but no thanks...

jamiemarlowe
on 4/11/14 12:00 pm

I'm going on 5 weeks post-op and I have done really well on the pre-op and post-op diet, walking 3-5 miles a day 4 days a week since 1 week post op. Tonight I happen to have some of the most impressive mental hunger I have ever experienced in my life. Water and sugar free popsicles were cutting it until a friend brought cookies over her kids made. Gah! Very nice of her, and I know she didn't mean to temp me but it was so hard seeing them in my house. I ended up putting them in another room for my kids and husband to enjoy. 

It doesn't help that I have been in a weight loss stall for almost 4 weeks now and the only thing that helps is that I keep telling myself I am doing EVERYTHING the doctor has suggested. Seriously this stall better end soon!

miss_muffet
on 4/11/14 2:14 pm - WA
VSG on 12/31/13

Good for you for sticking to your plan. Hang in there, no cookie is worth blowing it now!

If you don't track your food, you might want to on My Fitness Pal. I don't personally track everyday however if i stop losing I know it's time for a reality check and I start tracking again. 

I know stalls are common and VERY frustrating. Best wishes, you can do this!

H 5' 4" | A 49+ | HW 250 | SW 226 | CW 171

Goal 140 / Fantasy Goal 128

jamiemarlowe
on 4/11/14 2:25 pm

Thanks! I do track on My fitness pal everyday, it helps a lot. 

Atlanta_Forever
on 4/11/14 10:58 pm
VSG on 03/17/14

Jamie,

i'll be 5 weeks post op on Monday and know where you are coming from! My initial stall lasted from week 2 through week 4. No fun! I have also been following my dr's plan and logging everything in my fitness pal.

Additionally, at week two I pulled some stomach muscles getting out of my Sister's mini-cooper and haven't done much gym work since then. (I was very active before my surgery so to drop to down to a little daily walking,  for me was depressing)

The good news is my tummy is just about healed and the stall broke yesterday with a two pound drop on the scale. The way I see it, the last two weeks is just a blip on my weight loss journey, I'm in this for the long haul and have to focus on the future!

Be kind to yourself!

Audrey 

Most Active