FitBit

cece58
on 5/6/14 12:16 pm - CA

My husband and I just returned from a trip to France and we both bought FitBits before leaving to keep our selves in check so we wouldn't gain too much weight while vacationing. It was kind of a little competition to see who could get the most steps in each day. A FitBit will track your steps, miles walked, water intake, sleep, active minutes, food etc. It's a wrist band that you wear. Anyhow, since my FitBit I have made a conscious effort to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. I park at the far end of the parking lot, I walk to the bank or post office during lunch, and make sure that I take the long way around the office to the copy machine. I am pretty amazed at how much walking it actually takes to walk 10k steps but I really love it because it makes me really conscious of what I am eating, how I am sleeping and how much I am exercising. Costco sells them for $99. I really love my FitBit! Oh, by the way... We ate like the French and didn't gain a pound!!! They are so thin.

EmmyK
on 5/6/14 12:21 pm - CA
VSG on 04/30/14

I love my Fitbit. 

Great job having an awesome trip to France!

My posts are for general information and do not constitute medical advice.  They should not serve as the basis for any medical decision by you.  Call your physician for advice.  HW 248  SW 233  CW 155

Gwen M.
on 5/6/14 1:06 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Awesome.  :)  I have a Nike Fuelband and love it for really similar reasons.  If I'm close to my goal in the evening, it inspires me to put in that extra effort to reach it before bed!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/14 2:58 pm, edited 5/6/14 2:58 pm

One of these days!

Oh, went and saw Dr. Ay**** today. I'm on the fence!

cece58
on 5/6/14 10:54 pm - CA

You will need to elaborate!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/14 2:01 am

Glad you are back and still in fighting form.  I need to go get a Fitbit.  Ilana wants one too.  I just need to make it happen.  Are you planning on going to this months support group?  I miss you.

cece58
on 5/7/14 7:32 am - CA

I would love to go. It's on a Friday night, though. Also, my darling hubby hates it when I go all the way to SJ when Dr. C has his groups here in Walnut Creek and Concord. I will work on it, though. The San Jose group is so inspiring and I get so much out of it. Also, I love having Gabriella there. She is just awesome and so helpful. I just love her. GET A FITBIT. You will love it. Really makes you aware of yourself. I also love tracking my sleep because I have realized that when I don't get enough sleep or if I have a restless night I don't have a great day the next day. I make much better choices when I am rested.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views