Did any of you have trouble exercising?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/18/14 7:09 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I can understand his claim about not exercising b4 working a night shift. I work a rotating schedule and it is hard to get up to exercise b4 a night shift because the body is fighting a regular night sleep schedule, working when it should be sleeping and not getting any real sleep during the day because it should be awake. I find exercising on my days off to be the best solution, if he isn't ready you can't force him. Maybe an exercise bike or weights can help, or maybe you can exercise in front of the tv while he's watching it, maybe he'll join you!LOL Good luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

mustlovepoodles
on 5/18/14 8:18 am
VSG on 12/31/13

I hate to exercise. Well, I take that back. I hate deciding to go to the gym, driving to the gym, dressing out, and walking in to the weight room, especially when it's cold...or hot....  I love the way I feel after I use the recumbent bike and the machines! 

I had knee arthroscopy Feb. 6 and I've had a difficult recovery. Heck, my neighbor had knee REPLACEMENT at the same time and she'd doing great.  I'm still in PT. In fact, I started going backward and they put me in aquatic PT. I'm finally making some progress but it's been slow. Walking is pretty painful, especially on an incline. Of course, I live in north Georgia where everything is either uphill or downhill.  I try to walk at the mall or the grocery store but about 30 min is my maximum. My knee gets swollen and hot and more painful. Not to mention the severe arthritis in my feet.  I'll be seeing my ortho this week and I'm hoping he'll give me a cortisone injection in the knee and possibly the top of the foot (just about the most painful cortisone shot you can have--so you know that's some bad pain).

I know that a big part of my problem is just not making time for exercise.  Well, that and making excuses. I know I could be walking in the pool, but I hate being in cold water and the gym pool is about 82 degrees, far too cold for me.  I could go and just do the upper body machines but I don't. Thankfully I am continuing to lose weight without a lot of effort so it hasn't been an issue. Now that its warmer I need to just put the gym on my schedule and keep my gear in the car.

I'll tell you what does NOT work. Someone being on my case about it. EVER.  Especially if that person is physically fit.  I don't want to hear about how I could be doing yoga or zumba or even low impact aerobics. I've tried all three and between my arthritic feet and my vertigo I just about pass out from either the pain or the vertigo. Machines work the best for me and I just need to do it. But I don't need "encouragement". 

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views