Liquid vitamins

lessofme123
on 5/22/14 7:56 pm

My surgery is June 4. My doctor recommended Vemma liquid vitamins. They are ridiculously expensive at $75 a month and to get them you have to sign up with a credit card for automatic monthly delivery.  Since I am skeptical by nature, I googled them it looks like they are part of some pyramid scheme. Does anyone use these? If not, what are my options? That seems like a lot to pay for vitamins and I don't like the monthly auto debit. I want to do what is best for my health, and if I really need this I am willing to pay, but if there is a cheaper alternative that is just as good I would rather do that.

weese
on 5/22/14 8:53 pm
VSG on 02/26/14

I had to crush meds for one month after surgery. Doctor said a chewable vitamin twice a day was acceptable. After that I went to bariatric advantage with iron once a day. By that time I was ready to get rid of the chewable! 

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

smk920
on 5/22/14 9:59 pm
VSG on 05/06/14

My surgeon said centrum chewable is fine. He added a few other chewable  sand sublingual. He sells an expensive brand but doesn't require it. I get all of my vitamins at Walmart. Also, I can swallow pills the size of Tylenol since about day 4. 

44 y/o f 5'5" HW:330 consult:322 SW:285 CW:248 goal:14O

Bufflehead
on 5/22/14 10:18 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I used Wellesse liquid multivitamin, calcium, and iron for a month after surgery. After that I switched to Trader Joe's High Potency Chewable Multi for vitamins, Citracal petites for calcium, and stayed with the Wellesse liquid iron since I seemed to tolerate it really well and I've had problems in the past with other iron supplements.

There are other options out there for liquid vitamins -- check your local pharmacy, or head to a place like the Vitamin Shoppe and ask the people there to show you what they have in stock.

Personally I stay away from pyramid schemes, required monthly delivery, etc. Not for me.

joshcoop
on 5/22/14 10:37 pm - Blaine, MN
VSG on 04/22/14

Don't do $75 a month for vitamins!!!! I have to take 3 different vitamins a day (multi-vitamin, B-complex and Calcium/Vitamin D) and I get all mine at Wal-mart. I use the Flinstones chewable multi-vitamin, Caltrate chewable Vit D/Calcium and a tiny Nature Made B-complex that my surgeon said was fine for me to swallow. Do a little research and you'll find you can get the same vitamins and nutrients you need in chewables right at Walmart, Target, Walgreens etc..

Best of luck!

Highest Weight = 321lb, Start Weight = 302lb, CW (as of 05/03/15) = 192lb, Total Loss (since SW) = 110lbs

*Follow my journey:*

http://vsgjosh.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmVwwSwz1B8d4EBCfWG3ww

hollykim
on 5/23/14 1:14 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I wouldn't use it. It doesn't have any calcium or iron so you will still have to take those separately. I would bet you just about anything that his wife is a distributor and they are making a killing off his patients. 

There are many many other supplements that are better and way. Less expensive,IMHO. 

Gl

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 180 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views