Capacity 16 months out....

starry957
on 5/25/14 6:56 am

Annie - I forget how to PM someone?!?! 

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

AnnieinIA
on 5/25/14 8:12 am

Kerry, I sent you a friend request with a message to get us started.  I also included my regular email address as that might be a more reliable way to make contact.  I am just not on this board a whole lot these days.

Smiles, Annie.

INgirl
on 6/1/14 10:52 am

I'm more than 3 years out and so long as I'm eating real food (90+% of the time) my capacity is about 3/4 C in total, about 2-3 oz meat, veggies and fats making up the remainder. I find my real "hunger" doesn't trigger me to eat until the 5-6 hr mark after my last real meal, and I eat to full, but not stuffed, as eating under my capacity leads to increased hunger. I eat about 4 times a day, sometimes more or less depending on my timing and needs..

Bfast is: coffee w/ a couple Tb of MCT oil or coffee protein shake w/ T of MCT oil, or an egg, half an avo and a few bites of leftover veggies/bits of meat.. or just black coffee.. depending on how I feel.

My capacity is hugely increased over the beginning 3-4 mo post-op where I could only get down 1.5-3oz IN TOTAL of food, now it's more like max of 3/4C. I could eat every hour or two, but if I actually eat when hungry it's no more than every 4 hrs, usually more like 5-6hrs. Head hunger is different, I sometimes want something, even when full, that's my head talking..

Lunch: 1/2c-3/4 cup of leftovers that I pack into one of those glass cups w/ lids. Good portion control, that and my dishes that are about 7" in total diameter.. it really helps. If I use anything bigger, I cannot eat it all.

Snax: roasted squash w/ sweetened full-fat Fage yogurt, or veggies with Fage dill dip, or seaweed snax.. protein bar nibbles, or nothing..

Dinner: 2.5-3oz meat, a side of veggies, plenty of fats.. maybe some yams or occasionally rice or rice noodles (just a few bites), dessert if desired (usually is..) a square of 86% dark chocolate or several strawberries & full fat greek yogurt, or cream.. or some sugar/grain free foodie creation du jour. I save my carbs/starch/fruits for evening, stick to protein and fat during the day.

starry957
on 6/2/14 4:05 am

Thanks!  It "appears" as though you eat larger quantities later in the day as well....whether it's intentional or just the day you're describing above...lol

Anyway, I am around the same as you....but I do worry about "down the road"..   I guess we're all a bit different, and it seems to depend (for me) on how long it's been since I ate, and what time of day it is....

Thanks!

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Most Active