Pill Esophagitis?

megan.sherman
on 5/26/14 11:31 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

I am at my 2 month follow up appointment and I tell the doctor that I feel like there is something stuck in my throat.  She said I may have "pill esophagitis" from being on the h-pylori meds, c-diff meds and regular meds.  I guess it can irritate and swell the esophagus.  All I know is I'm glad my deductible is met because now I have to get an endoscopy.

Hislady
on 5/27/14 3:44 am - Vancouver, WA

I have that too from my lapband causing GERD. They did a swallow test on me and said everything was going down fine so no problem. I couldn't have an endoscope because I have bad lungs and they didn't want to put me under. I was put on zantac 3x a day and it is feeling a little better after a week of it. It sure can drive ya crazy tho!!

megan.sherman
on 5/27/14 6:42 am
VSG on 05/17/14

She changed my PPI to Omeprazole and ordered Carafate to coat my esophagus.  Waiting to hear from the surgeon on the endoscopy.  

I'm glad you felt better quickly!

Jaime P.
on 5/27/14 11:55 am
VSG on 07/22/14

That happened to me a few weeks ago and felt like someone was beating on my chest. I ended up in the ER. Turns out for the first time in 6 years with my band, pills jacked up my esophagus. Oh and I had to get an endoscopy, but for surgery. Mine was done while I was awake and they went through my nose. Pretty neat.

Instagram

32 y/o female 5'2"; HW 260; GW 140; SW 245.8; CW 233; BMI 43.6

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 62 views