7 years Sleeve Surgiversary!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/14 7:47 am

I think your story is truly inspirational and I really believe that getting the DS was the best choice for you.  I love to see the confidence in your picture and I wish you the best success possible into the future.  Your point about moderation is my mantra.  I know that just eating less food will never work for me, and your example is so very informative and well reasoned.  Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

shellw362160
on 6/5/14 8:08 am

Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story!  I'm a candidate for the sleeve, my paperwork is going to insurance company tomorrow...your journey is helpful to others!

If diet and exercise were all it takes for weight management, I'd be on Beyonce's payroll as her personal trainer!

tdallison
on 6/5/14 8:31 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Thank you for sharing your storey and being so open and honest about your struggles throughout your journey. You look beautiful and happy. 😄

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

pugmadkate
on 6/5/14 8:57 am

Yours is an amazing journey.  Thank you for sharing it!

ThinLizzy
on 6/5/14 9:00 am

Absolutely brilliant post, Lauren--one we ALL need to read and reread no matter how far out we are. It's definitely going to be a lifelong personal war. For me, it's getting harder as I get older (60 now!) and my metabolism slows (bad thyroid and aging). But I'm fighting it. Though I almost socked my skinny husband, who's lost some weight recently without trying, when he commented, "Well, I think it's just harder to keep weight on when you're over 60." Really???? LOL. Anyway, I am SO proud of you and happy for you!!

xoxo

Lizanne

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/14 10:51 am

Thank you for sharing your story! It will help alot of people!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

MacMadame
on 6/5/14 4:15 pm - Northern, CA

Long time, no see!

I'm glad the DS worked out for you. I kind of figured it would since you were so disciplined and determined.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

PaulaToronto
on 6/6/14 2:44 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much for posting.  I was so glad to read that your DS after so many years post VSG worked for you. I have heard from a few people who didn't lose anymore once they added the Switch.  Not sure why but people talk about the need to have the full DS at once and the two step process years after the original VSG doesn't seem as successful but now you are proof it does work. Did your doctor resleeve you too? 

You should be so proud of yourself for your dedication and determination.  You look fabulous.

I find my metabolism is so slow that if I eat over 800 calories, even if protein, I gain. Can you consume more now and still lose? What does your diet look like? I originally was going for a DS but with insurance problems and losing some on my own after diabetes diagnosis, I thought VSG would be enough. I lost enough post surgery but have regained around 30 pounds that I can't seem to move.  I've been considering the switch but not sure if I would quaify again for WLS.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

DebbieJean W.
on 6/7/14 1:15 am - Katy, TX

Wow Lauren, so glad you got a second chance!  I haven't been on here in ages & as I approach 6 years now, I'm reflecting & very thankful for this site as I depended on people like you for guidance.  I wish you continued success!

Deb

(5 lbs lost during pre op diet)     5' 3"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views