Is there a clothing exchage site?

Heatherhere
on 6/18/14 10:57 am

Just wondering about this.  I have done this with my kids and it was great.  So it worked by passing along the smaller sizes and some one would pass on their smaller sizes..

I really hate the thought of giving away all my old clothes. I would rather they find a home with someone who truly can use them.

Kelly Jean
on 6/18/14 11:11 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I don't know if there is one on here but what about your group meetings ...  when I went to group the other night some asked if it was time to have another clothing swap... try there also.... good luck !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

pineview01
on 6/18/14 1:16 pm - Davison, MI

Our center had one when they stared but not since I have been there.  I think there was an area here when I started or just a link to an area.  Don't quote me but, I think it stopped to to people starting to ask for money.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Jiliana2
on 6/19/14 1:36 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Here in my city, the WLS patients have organized a "Closet" for others like us in the process. Essentially the patients themselves decided to band together and donate their clothing to the Closet. It was all collected and organized by size, and stored in a spare bedroom at one WLS patient's home. When she needed the bedroom, the clothing moved to another WLS patient's basement. She has racks and racks of clothing, and oodles of shelves, with piles of folded items all over. She asks periodically for hangers and other items to help her organize. And on one weekend day per month, for an afternoon, she holds an Open Closet Exchange. We can bring in clothing we have outgrown, and pick up a few pieces that we need.

I had my surgery in early February. I've been to the Closet two or three times since my surgery, and borrowed items. But I haven't had to buy a thing (exception: bras and panties) so far!

Maybe there's enough interest in your area to start this up? Maybe someone has time they can volunteer to help? Maybe someone has a spare room or part of a garage or basement to store things in? Just a thought.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views