6 Days Post-op & Feeln Great!

LatinCurves35
on 6/29/14 8:43 am

Im on my 6th day post-op & lovn it!  Im not having to use my pain medicine anymore, or get nauseaus. Im actually up & going im working at 2 firework stands. Staying hydraded has been easy so far.  I do not do any lifting & im very careful not to over exert myself.   I love the fact that i dont have any hunger pains. My stomach still makes weird noses but nothing uncomfortable. I got on the scale today & was glad i finally lost the extra fluids the hospital gave me during surgery. So far ive lost 7 pounds!!! Since day of surgery. :). It did take me a whole 9 days to have a bowel movement, im being honest so that newbies will not be alarmed if there is a delay.  I am still sleeping in my recliner which i highly recommend to anyone. (Get one that is electronic ;) my recliner saved me alot of unneccessary pain.  I do take my chewable bariatric multivitimins twice daily i feel great!  Im still having to give myself lovenox shots to prevent bloodclots. I hate see the bruising but i do am still injecting them in me per MD orders because ive known some patients of mine that have died from blood clots.  Im so glad i got the VSG!  I feel like flower about to bloom :)

Ju1ieg
on 6/29/14 9:32 am - Lone Jack , MO

Congrats Latincurves, love the name.  I'm really glad your doing so well so soon.  I am having my lap band removed and then 8 weeks later the Sleeve.  I am waiting for my date I'm hoping I can get my band removed in July.  I'm still working out the whole loosing most of your stomach thing.  Was that ever an issue for you?  If so how did you get comfortable with it.

LatinCurves35
on 6/29/14 1:09 pm

The way i viewed getn my stomach cut off was:   In order for me to look like i am one person im going to have to act on it & if cuttting that extra part of my stomach thats making me look like two people has to be done, well then lets do this :)

Ju1ieg
on 6/29/14 9:54 pm - Lone Jack , MO

Your right, I think I'm just scared.  I suppose everyone is a little.  Thank you and I hope to hear more on your progress.

mollz007
on 6/29/14 12:06 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Sounds like you are doing great! I stopped my pain meds very early too... I had a pretty easy recovery. Good idea about the recliner.... I would have done that if I had one. Getting up and finding a comfortable position to sleep was a pain (pun intended) for the first week or so. I also did not enjoy the shots. Oh well, small price to pay. I'm glad you are doing so well. Congrats!

check out my blog!

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/14 12:07 pm

Hello!

I just had the sleeve three days ago and as far as being active and not in any pain, I'm just like you! However, I'm having really hard time keeping myself hydrated. If I take more than a couple sips of water, I gets lots of pressure in my chest and then I make all these funny noises lol. 

I'm also super hungry! All those protein drinks are making me really sick because of the sweetness, so I've actually started eating pureed cauliflower and I'm able to keep it down. What are you "eating"?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views