Sleeve and gallbladder removal.

Selaine66
on 7/2/14 3:47 pm
VSG on 07/21/14

i'm having both the sleeve procedure and my gallbladder removed as soon as I can schedule the surgery after the psych eval.  I'm wondering if anyone else has done both procedures at once. I'm wondering about recovery afterwards and how much more difficult it might be.   I'm so grateful for this website. I feel like I have learned so much from all of you already.

csbsteph
on 7/2/14 11:28 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

I hope someone that's had both done will reply to your post.  My Doc did tell me that if my gall-bladder didn't look healthy while he was in that he might possible take it.  Mine was fine though.  I've read about lots of people having to go back after WLS to have the gall-bladder removed so I would think it's a sign that you've got a great Doc to not want to put you through two surgeries & just get it over with all in one.  Gall-bladder surgery is common & usually low on complications.  My husband had his out last year & was feeling better in about a week.  Good luck with your recovery & best wishes for a new healthy life.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Selaine66
on 7/3/14 10:47 am
VSG on 07/21/14

I had originally gone to see my doctor about gallbladder problems. I almost did lap band many years ago and backed out at the last moment.  I got to talking to him and he got me excited about the sleeve. I had gone through the whole process years ago and backed out at the very last minute. I'm going in to do them both with less fear this time and hopefully and have a good outcome.  

josiedlc
on 7/3/14 3:40 am
VSG on 06/23/14

I had both on 6/23. Feeling great. Good luck!

Selaine66
on 7/3/14 10:43 am
VSG on 07/21/14

Ten days that's great!

Selaine66
on 7/3/14 10:48 am
VSG on 07/21/14

Do you feel well enough to work at a desk job?  Hoping to go back to work quickly.

josiedlc
on 7/3/14 10:55 am
VSG on 06/23/14

Even though I am moving pretty well, I get pretty tired. Went grocery shopping and to my son's baseball game and was exhausted. Think at least 2 weeks would be ok.

Selaine66
on 7/3/14 2:37 pm
VSG on 07/21/14

That's not a small amount of activity...I'd be tired from all that right now!  Sounds encouraging.  Thx u!

hvtx51
on 7/3/14 11:04 am

I had sleeve, gallbladder and hiatal hernia on 6/24/14.  I've had soreness on my left side but not any worse than sleeve only from what I've been told.   I was able to work from home and started back on Monday.  I'm very fortunate that I was able to be flexible because it was difficult to sit longer than 45 minutes at a time.  Not sure I would recommend going back that soon.  I'm glad I had my gallbladder out and avoided another surgery a couple months down the road.   Up and walking 3 hours after surgery and home the next day.   Good luck!

Selaine66
on 7/3/14 2:35 pm
VSG on 07/21/14

Wow that's incredibly fast.....I have hopes to be out a week plus the two bookend weekends....please keep me posted!

Most Active