Scared .....

TinaInTexas
on 7/17/14 10:20 am

I met with Dr Dirk and I was feeling great, this was for me, now my case is in with insurance and they have a possible date of 07/28/14 ... I think it is because I have only one Dr appointment and not sure what to expect ... I am scared that I will not be able to eat right and take the vitamins and my hair will fall out ( lol ) ... any words of advise ? 

Thanks Tina

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/14 10:27 am, edited 7/17/14 10:43 am
with

Read everything you can get your hands on. I'm 28 days from my date and I feel at ease with things thanks to all the research I've been doing.

It sounds like the hair loss thing can be aided by taking vitamins for hair and nails.

My doctor said in his book there are no bald VSG patients out there because of VSG so that should make you feel a little better - also, from what I read even if the hairloss does happen it grows back.

Sounds to me like the diet - and getting the right protein is key so read up on that.

TinaInTexas
on 7/18/14 2:04 am

Thank you Scott for replying, I am reading but I think I am tripping on the neg effects, I know this is my shot at a better life, and I think I am more scared that I will not eat enough.

I have a tendency to get busy at work and before I know it, it is now 11 and I haven't even ate my 2nd meal ( trying to eat how I would be eating after the surgery ) .... I can go a whole day on a McD Muffin and then 4 pm rolls around and I am driving a hour home ( yeah TX traffic).

I want this, I need this and I will succeed at this, my motto is "half a person" as I am soon to be 50 (July 30th) weighing 313 5ft 8 female with way too many pills to take at night and no energy. I would be happy at 180 !

Again, thank you, it is helping to talk to ppl that have going there or been there, I should have done this earlier !

Take care,

Tina

CGCL
on 7/17/14 10:52 am
RNY on 02/19/15

Truthfully, my MIL's hair fell out from just doing Weigh****chers, because she was not eating enough protein! Luckily you will be able to have extra protein from shakes and you'll be entering the VSG much better prepared than she was. Any hair loss will be temporary...won't it be so nice to weigh less?

Height: 6'0" HW 5/2013 295. Consult 7/29/14 275. SW 261. RNY 2/19/15. M1:-33! M2:-13.5. M3:-12. M4:-10.8. M5:-9.7. M6:-5. M7: -4.5. Pregnant 8/15-5/16. 10 weeks post partum: 173.

TinaInTexas
on 7/18/14 2:08 am

I remember when I moved to Texas I was a size 16, now a size 28.... I have so many cute clothes in my closet, now I have 3 jeans that fit, I refuse to buy more.. when I get to a size 22 I will have 14, when I get to a size 20 will have 22... I am an artist and have some jeans I painted and that is my goal to be able to get back to being happy in my clothes I designed !

Thank you so much for replying !

Take care, Tina

Calaska
on 7/17/14 11:57 am - AK
VSG on 08/18/14

I've heard that hair loss is from the stress of surgery, Nd can happen from any surgery. It is only temporary. Your surgeon will give you instructions on what to eat and what to avoid. I will follow my instructions and take it slow and easy. It seems funny that I'll have to learn how to eat all over again, but that's good, because the way I was eating before made me fat!  Good luck!  You can do it!

58 yo female, 5'9" HW: 297 SW: 285  Surgery W: 252. CW: 224.8 GW: 160        

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass

TinaInTexas
on 7/18/14 2:10 am

Thank you for replying, I know how to eat, I am just to tired and blah that I don't do it any more, but starting now I will make this happen !

Take care

Tina

LovingEsme00
on 7/17/14 12:01 pm

I'm scheduled for 7/28 as well and I met with the anesthesiologist and got some chest xray and labs done today. I've had my date for a month now but UNTIL today it felt real, I'm actually getting this done! My emotions are all over the place, should I cancel or postpone? Maybe I can do it on my own one last time?? I think about all the "what ifs" like the hair loss and the loose skin and what if I don't meet my water or protein goals?? So many questions and some doubts. But in the end I need this, everything I mentioned above I'm willing to risk and work hard at in order to achieve weight loss AT LAST! I've honestly learned so much on this website its crazy and because I read so many journeys on here I'm confident that God willing I'll be ok and so will you!! Good luck!!

~Esme

VSG on 7/28/14!

Age: 34 5'5" HW: 304, SW: 284, CW: 247 (10/13/14) GW: 165

M1: 22, M2:8, M3:?

TinaInTexas
on 7/18/14 2:15 am

Sounds like you are in good hands, after reading your note, I know my issue is that I have been " fast tracked" and I have only met with my Dr once. Everyone I met or read about he is great, I guess I need to take control and make an appointment to sit down and talk to him again to go over my fears.

I think I would feel better knowing my doctor is in Houston vs coming down 2 times a week to do surgery ....

I think we both have nerves ! but I bet it will be a life changing for both of us !

Take care,

Tina

AkfLpn
on 7/17/14 2:00 pm
VSG on 05/27/14

I'm 7 weeks out, 30 pounds lighter and only regret is that I didn't have this done sooner. I was also nervous about my eating habits, especially because I was a huge carb and soda addict! The first couple weeks I truly didn't have much appetite period and was shocked how easily I got full. Now I'm shocked and thankful that my carb cravings still haven't returned. If anything I crave veggies more than anything, which I NEVER did before. If you follow the guidelines early, everything really does seem to just fall right into place. Good Luck to you!! Oh and by the way I haven't lost any hair yet, but if I do it'll grow back. 

H.W. 285  S.W. 265  C.W.162

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views