moving to "regular foods" from "mushy food" stage

mrsgillis333
on 7/18/14 12:32 pm

Hi everyone! Next week I get to move to "regular foods" from "mushy food" stage. I'm wondering if you have any ideas or tips on what to eat/what to change. When I eat actual food (like chicken or ground beef) I can only eat like 1.5 ounces. The last couple days I've been craving salad (better then craving chocolate--well, sometimes I do that too) so I was thinking that I could have some of that next week, but I don't think I would have any room. I'm guessing for now it's mainly protein, and in time I can eat other things too?!

Thanks for any help/ideas! :)

mollz007
on 7/18/14 12:39 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

My only suggestion is to go slow.  Add in new food one at a time and if you can't tolerate something try again later. Congratulations,  moving to real food was very exciting for me. Good luck!

check out my blog!

Amber G.
on 7/19/14 4:50 am, edited 7/19/14 4:50 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Hi! Congrats on moving forward! That was an exciting moment for us all! I agree with the above, take it real slow and one new item at a time. Remember to weigh, and eat and chew very slowly. Try to put the fork down inbetween bites, and gauge it real slow, until you find what amount is comfortable. Yep, protein 1st. In the very beginning, you may not even be able to finish that 1.5 ounces, so adding a few bites of carbs will take some time. Lettuce and veggies is something you need to ask your surgeon when its sake to try. When I started solids, I could only eat like 3 bites. It will get better with time though! Also, when I 1st started solids, I made sure they were real moist. Like crock pot type proteins. Congrats again! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views