I forgot to feed my kids!

wyo_sarah
on 8/8/14 5:15 am

I had surgery last Tuesday so I'm still just doing liquids.  My NUT told me to have breakfast, lunch and dinner and 3 shakes a day.  I can hardly choke down two shakes and one other thing with added protein powder.  But, I'm not thinking about food at all.  So, today, I volunteered at an event at the Children's Museum (making snow cones of all things!) and then I left to go to work and had to bring the kids with me (we own our own business, so they just hang out in the office with me).  As we're pulling into the parking lot they say they are hungry.  It is 12:30.  Of course they are hungry!  It didn't even cross my mind.  I feel like a jerk.  I ordered them a pizza and now I'm really wishing I could have a bite.  The smell is killing me.  Oh well.  I'm trying to get used to this new normal.

weeziebeth
on 8/8/14 8:23 am

Keep pressing forward and don't beat yourself up! Mary and Joseph lost Jesus once-for 2 days, you just fed yours a little late, its ok. 

ShadowWolf3
on 8/8/14 9:12 am - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I'm waiting for when I have my surgery and my hubby tells me I forgot to feed him.  He is already complaining about how I get to eat yogurt,jello and protein drinks that taste good.  Yes he has been sampling my stuff.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

Cindy B.
on 8/8/14 3:12 pm
VSG on 10/22/12

I'm almost 2 years out from surgery and we have a little bit of a standing joke around our house. My teenage son starts asking me in the morning or early afternoon what dinner is going to be because it just isn't a priority for me any more. I still want to feed my family, don't get me wrong, but hunger and food aren't the same for me now as they were before having surgery. Most days I do have a plan for their dinner, but there are honestly some times when I don't really think about it much at all. Don't beat yourself up too much. You'll get it figured out. :)

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

motherof5
on 8/10/14 1:20 am

I can definitely see that happening with me. I already do it when I am fasting, lol. I will start my pre-op on Tuesday and my hubby asked me last month about what they will be eating.

They will not allow me to forget to feed them.

Monique

HW: 333  CW:286  GW:175

JUST STRIVING TO TAKE CONTROL!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views