Exhaustion and Diarrhea...TMI post

Amy M.
on 9/4/14 6:56 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I've been back to work since Tuesday after having 4 weeks off to recover from surgery.  Tuesday and Wednesday I had the most difficult time staying awake.  I was yawning all day and didn't have the energy to concentrate on my work.  I've been getting my fluids in so I know it's not dehydration.  I thought maybe it was because I need to get used to getting up early again but I tried getting more sleep last night and this morning I was so tired that I called in to work because I was honestly afraid of falling asleep at the wheel.  I've taken 2 naps today and I'm still exhausted. To make matters worse, I've had horrible diarrhea all day (which makes me glad that I called in to work because I'm very bathroom shy and won't go at work).  I haven't added anything new or odd to my diet.  I have one protein shake in the morning and other than that I basically eat eggs, string cheese, ground turkey, turkey pepperoni, chicken, and lite greek yogurt.  I haven't had any spicy food. 

At 5 weeks out am I allowed to have a cup of coffee in the morning? I cut caffeine out of my life a few months ago to prepare myself for surgery but now I don't think I'll be able to get through my day without it.  I'm absolutely miserable.

pineview01
on 9/4/14 9:21 am, edited 9/4/14 9:21 am - Davison, MI

I wasn't allowed the coffee and it makes diarrhea worst.  Are you getting B-12?  How is your iron?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Amy M.
on 9/4/14 9:30 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

My surgeon just started me on B-12 a week ago.  I haven't been instructed to take iron.  

Valerie G.
on 9/5/14 7:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I can't speak to the diarrhea, but you may simply just need more recovery time.  It was a good 6 weeks before I started feeling like myself again.  I was very listless during that time, and very thankful that I booked 8 weeks off work.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views