2 years out and need help to back on track

barber64
on 9/11/14 5:49 am - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12

I  just don't know how to get back on track. For the last 3 months I have gained 30lb. I'm going threw  alot. husband for 26 years I'm tired of him in and out of mental hospital I'm dealing with his alcohol and atemp of suicide. When he's on his meds he's a great guy. But when he's off. He always put himself down and no one loves him. I just filled out self legal  separation forms. We have been living apart for 2 months. Just writing this I can feel my heart pounding 

julielynn22
on 9/11/14 6:28 am
VSG on 06/11/14

I'm so sorry you are going through so much. I'm a newbie and am having stress related eating, so I could only imagine two years out. I hope everything gets better. Try to go easy on yourself and avoid your triggers (mine are carbs) and go see someone. Just getting things off your chest might help. Good luck to you.

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/14 6:56 am

Considering all you are dealing with right now, may I suggest that instead of trying to get back on the losing track, you instead just stabilize your weight. Essentially, stop gaining weight. Right now may not be the time to lose weight, but you certainly can probably stay in enough control to stop the regain.

Best of luck. I don't envy you. What you are dealing with is life altering on so many different levels.

LeapSecond
on 9/11/14 7:20 am - AR

I second previous posts.  Try to stabilize and go talk to someone that can help you through this. You can't control how well he follows his treatment plan. Try to focus on you and what is good for your health.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  Best wishes!

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

rissa1224
on 9/11/14 10:02 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Sorry to hear what you are going through.

I have been stuck at the same weight (now its between 10lbs) for MONTHS now. I did lose a lot in the beginning. I went to a support group the other night and the NUT wants me doing 2 protein packed shakes a day and 1 meal for dinner a day. It's going to be so hard for me, but, to make this weight stop going up and down like crazy I need to do this. Maybe that can help you. Best of luck

Most Active