10 day post-op

Greeninparadise
on 9/11/14 4:14 pm - Paradise, CA
VSG on 09/02/14

My journey so far. 10 day liquid protein diet, 1night stay in hospital for my sleeve, continue liquid protein until post-op appt today. First 10 days, in retrospect, easy peasy compared to post-op.  Retraining my "sips" to be a lot smaller. Found myself with too much of a"sip" sometimes so I would just let a little go down at a time. 

I found my emotional state becoming a little up and down. Had a little breakdown when I went costco with hubs and his 91 year old dad and thought I could handle watching them eat those darn costco hotdogs.  Wasn't a good day to do that. I went to the car and waited. Mu Hubs felt really bad..

I have so many blessings as a result of this early stage of my journey:

Surgery was uneventful. Had a lot of adhesions from old style gall bladder removal. Surgeon had to get those off the stomach wall first. No effect on my recovery.

NO NAUSEA!  A big concern of mine going in. Drs prescribe the patch behind the ear you see on cruise ships and 1 pricey pill called Emend which is used for chemo patients for nausea.  Taken day of surgery. Worth every Penney.  (60 bucks for me)

todays results from Dr visit. Ta Da. Moving on to purée foods. How I dreamed of this day!  Off blood pressure and cholesterol medicines that I have been taking for 30 years.  Been a Type II diabetic for 20 years and was aware that I may not have as much success as others but that it would improve. Well, insulin is 50% less, and have changed from 4 metformins to 2 In 10 days!!  I am so ecstatic!  I only have 1other diabetes pill left for now.  

12 lbs down which I am very happy. I know it will take quite a long time for all the weight to come off but to dream about no longer being a diabetic makes it so worth it. 

I have a really great bariatric center that provided so much information about everything from all the do's and dont's to product recommendations that fit their requirements and where you can get them.  A sample day for each phase broken down in hourly increments. I loved the detail. I need that kind of structure. 

I love reading about all the success and encouragement that I see on this forum. I have been waiting til now to post because I wanted to be on the Losers Bench!

Greeninparadise
on 9/11/14 4:22 pm - Paradise, CA
VSG on 09/02/14

Can anyone help. I changed the ticker but I can't figure out how to get it to show. I looked at the help section but no help. 

Dawn ..
on 9/11/14 8:15 pm - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

I am so happy everything went well for you and your recovery is coming along so smoothly. I hope mine goes as smoothly as yours.  You make me hopeful about getting off my Zocor meds. Was apprehensive to take them in the first place, and now maybe after surgery I can stop. Hope to be sitting by you on the loosers bench on the 23rd.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

honorable3161
on 9/11/14 8:47 pm - Stone Mountain, GA
VSG on 09/08/14

Glad you doing well also you get the ticker to show by clicking on box on the right hand side that says show ticker 

VSG 09/08/2014  God brought to it he will bring you through it!!!! Heaven Bound 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 362 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views