Premier protein

TexasPrincess08
on 9/19/14 12:31 am
VSG on 09/15/14

So I started full liquids yesterday and have been pretty happy with the fact that I don't feel nausea when I drink them, but how long does it usually take you to get at least one down and I know I need at least two of these shakes a day to hit my 60 g of protein while also trying to sip my water. Is there a schedule someone could give me for at least a guideline I usually sleep in most days, but I'm realizing that I may have to start waking up sooner to meet my needs. 

snoopygirl1968
on 9/19/14 1:42 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

I have one shake as soon as I get up and then another one right before bed.  I drink liquids in the middle and have my meals as well.  It takes me about 15-20 minutes to get one down...I take is slow.  But I'm also on soft foods now (I'm 10 days post-op).  Remember that the shakes count as your fluids....and since I don't like plain water, I do decaf coffee, iced tea, and crystal light.  I so have to remind myself to sip...I try to keep my drinks right in front of me and sip every time I look at it.

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

Amber G.
on 9/19/14 3:12 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Hi, and congrats on your surgery! The 1st few weeks are rough, and it can be hard getting all the protein in. I was told to focus on staying hydrated, and focus on protein when it got easier to take fluids down. What I did in the beginning was opened and started drinking a shake in the AM, and sipped away at it for a few hours until it was gone. Water all day. Another shake thing in the eve. The one good thing was, shakes went toward my fluid intake. It will totally get easier with each passing day :) 

kib0306
on 9/19/14 9:15 am

So as to anything else in life. You have to be consistent. That's good to know. Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views