Mothers, need I say more ?

Spanky123
on 10/24/14 11:44 pm

I told my mother about it several months ago and allowed her one session of "OMG", "that is so drastic" , "cant you just cut back" maybe if you try medication first, etc. Then after that time I told her that I had looked into this for years and I am not a dumb or rash person, I told her and my other family members I don't want to hear anymore questions or comments, that if they have concerns they need to talk among themselves...lol.. So , other than my dad trying once, I've not heard another word. Go with what you know, and realize they are most likely coming from a place of concern. Good Luck!

Valerie G.
on 10/25/14 1:12 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You DID try to lose weight on your own already right?  Most of us find our way here as a last resort after trying nearly every other option.  If you haven't yet, then by all menas, do.  If you have, then don't worry about Mom.  She will be scared for you no matter what.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

sunshine66
on 10/25/14 1:35 am

I had a very similar experience as you.  I love the saying 'THIS IS YOUR JOURNEY"!  Don't apologize for doing something healthy for you.  It is your time and you've not just decided on a whim to do this.  Trust your gut and go for it.  Best wishes for you.

curlygreen1996
on 10/25/14 2:51 pm - Lawrenceville, IL

Thanks everyone ! I have tried fad diets/pills and it works for a while but then I gain it all back plus some :(  I really do believe this is the best decision.

I love my mother and I know that all she says comes from a place of love, I just wish she could understand why I think this is the best thing for me .

Thanks again everyone !

Fran001
on 10/25/14 4:37 pm - MI

Either your Mum is 340 pounds, like you, and she knows firsthand that it can't be done merely through diet, or else she's not 340 pounds and she has no idea what it's like to live with a body/metabolism like yours. So either way her logic is incorrect.

Yes, she loves you.  And if she respects your intelligence, and if she respects your right to make your own health decisions, then she will also support you on this.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views