Returned to work after off for 6wks

zballard
on 11/18/14 10:46 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

Well I finally went back to work after being off for 6 weeks. I'm an ER nurse and stopping

to drink and eat are hard enough with a large stomach Let alone a sleeves stomach. We aren't "allowed" to have food or water at the nurses station. So I chose to stay out as long as possible. I must say I didn't get in enough water but I will get the hang of it and do better tomorrow. 

On a good note, half of my coworkers knew I had surgery, others didn't and thought I looked so well rested and I received compliment for the whole 12hrs shift. I'm surprised I was able to get out of the building with this big head I developed. I was even asked out by one of the EMS guys. That caught me off guard. All in all a very good day and now some of my coworkers are wanting to have wls done too. 

PS I woke up and went to the gym at 6am before I went to work!!!! I never thought I would be the type to do something like that. 

Zee

5ft HW 244 SW      

weeziebeth
on 11/18/14 11:14 am

Congratulations on a successful 1st day back! Yes, the OSHA, JC, CMS whatever requirements of no water in 'patient care areas' (such as the nurses station) is challenging on so many levels-glad you were able to able to semi-successfully navigate your way through and develop a game plan moving forward. 

Glad for a day of complements and encouragement for you-you deserve it!

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

zballard
on 11/18/14 11:20 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

Thank you

5ft HW 244 SW      

jenn1469
on 11/18/14 12:17 pm

Glad you had a wonderful day compliments are always awesome

Jennifer

Kelly Jean
on 11/18/14 9:00 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Congratulations I'm glad everything worked so well and that 6 am this is awesome !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views