stage 2 food

Chilipepper
on 12/27/14 2:38 am

Baby foods are for babies. Your nutritional needs are different than a toddlers. Learn from the beginning how to think out your meals and prepare them rather than going straight for that little jar of crap. 

I wouldnt even feed babies what's in those jars. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Lillyrose
on 12/27/14 2:56 am

I have been preparing my food for months.   I was just curious about the jars of meat is all.  I have been eating extremely healthy non processed  food until the surgery.  Again was just questioning the jar meat due to its texture. 

Chilipepper
on 12/27/14 3:34 am, edited 12/27/14 3:44 am

I am so glad to hear that. Don't forget refried beans with a slice of cheese nuked is a yummy mushy and a good healthy protien. You can also use hot sauce if you like. It won't hurt you.  There is no requirement to eat meats in stage 2 but you are allowed. I used to take canned chicken and put it in the bullet and grind it fine, nuke it and put some wing sauce and sprinkle some blue cheese bits on it. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Lillyrose
on 12/27/14 3:56 am

Great info. Thank you.    It isn't that j am hungry just don't want to do this wrong.  

Chilipepper
on 12/27/14 4:06 am

Stay away from the potatoes.  They are what put us in the positions we are in. Protein protein protien. You are likely in Ketosis and you want to stay there. Carbs will knock you out of ketosis.  Look it up but short version is that is when your body is at its optimal fat burning stage. 

Lillyrose
on 12/27/14 4:29 am

I have been following their sample diet plans to the Letter.  Thank you and I friend requested you.     I WILL be hiking Pikes Peak next summer!

diane S.
on 12/27/14 3:37 am

i used to poach a chicken breast, grind it up in the food processor and then keep it in the fridge and take a spoon or two of it in warm chicken broth.   if i were you i would skip the potatoes. protein is more important.   tuna is a soft meat and high protein.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Chilipepper
on 12/27/14 3:46 am

Egg salad is fantastic also. Smu**** with your fork.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 312 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views