Cant stop eating junk/sweets! :(

Grim_Traveller
on 3/13/15 10:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I found that movie very disturbing. I didn't see the sequel.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

greensleeved
on 3/13/15 11:16 pm
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Love this! Made me laugh!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

samanthalc
on 3/13/15 8:40 am
with

The best motivation:  remember where you were.  Did you remove the majority of your healthy stomach tissue just to take the long road back there again?

Think about what you sacrificed, and what you've accomplished.  Aren't you worth taking better care of yourself?

White Dove
on 3/13/15 10:23 pm - Warren, OH

When you say you have not gained any weight back, are you being 100% accurate?  Are you weighing yourself daily at the same time and recording the slightest gain.  I go up and down by 1/2 pound and keep myself very aware of that.

I had RNY and had about a year when I never gained or lost.  That all came to an end and one day I gained twelve pounds.  It did not really happen overnight, but I had hid the scale for four months and that was the outcome.

I did break my addiction to sugar by replacing it with an addiction to Splenda.  There was a time when I was buying a box of Splenda a week.  Now a box of it lasts me for more than a year and it was much easier to give up Splenda than it was to give up sugar. 

You know you are not getting enough protein. But are you tracking every bite you eat and looking at your totals?   Everyday?   If you want to be successful in your weight loss, then you must stay aware.  You need to know what you weigh, what your measurements are, how many grams of protein, fat, carbs, sugars, and fibers you eat. 

You are just learning how to be successful.  It will take awareness and being honest with yourself. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Valerie G.
on 3/14/15 12:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I am also a sugar **** - but the way I get through my cravings getting out of control are:

EAT in ORDER - you are NOT allowed sweets until you have eaten all of the protein serving and some veggies.  Then and only then can you have sweets with only a bite or two of room left in your stomach.  You will feel satisfied and full.  Whenever you crave sweets, plan them after something of protein and veggies.

Eat more protein! - a few days of protein loading really helps curb cravings.

Kick artificial sweeteners - they really do enhance cravings.  Opt for unsweet tea instead of crystal light.  Try stevia instead of splenda if you must.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Kinde
on 3/14/15 1:21 am

Wow 131 pounds! That is awesome! I concur you need to go cold turkey for a couple of weeks to get rid of the addiction because carbs and sugar are addictive.  After you start eating correctly you could eat one cookie a day (if needed and you have to walk away at 1).  I have a cookie every couple of days, but i get it out of the bag and then put the bag away.  Then I go for a walk it helps me refocus! Hope this helps....stop eating junk you have worked too hard!

Kiwideb
on 3/14/15 5:50 am
VSG on 01/19/15
It couldn't be something hormonal, could it? I mainly ask as hormones are driving me crazy - like wanna stuff a potato with butter and sour cream in my mouth crazy. And it's really hard being only 8 weeks out ;(
grandma_tammy53
on 3/16/15 5:03 am

We are very close in surgery dates...mine was 5/27/14.  I too have been eating too much snack/candy foods.  I'm feeling exactly the same way as you...knowing I shouldn't be eating this stuff, craving it constantly, and worried about regain.  I have been tracking tho and am getting in plenty of protein which leaves me feeling overly full at mealtimes...  All the wrong things...  Is this common at 9 months out or reaching goal?  Is it because I'm at goal and feeling ****y?  I'm not sure...  Just know that you are not alone.  We are all in this together and its a life long adventure.

robinreinhardt
on 3/16/15 5:16 am

Amy,

Stop!! You know what to do. Get back to your protein girl. I have a bad sugar addition and if I don't stick to protein first, it kicks in. You have done so well in a short 9 months. 131 that is amazing. Keep back on plan, you can do it.

Robin

LovinLora78
on 3/16/15 6:16 am
On March 13, 2015 at 11:34 AM Pacific Time, amyvsg6614 wrote:

I have a serious sugar/carb addiction going on right now.. The past cpl months have been bad. I have not gained any of my weight back but I know it isnt healthy! I am 9 mo. post op and have lost 131 lbs. Also, I am not getting enough protein.. I know I am not,  and I STILL dont make it a point to eat a lot of protein. I need someone to slap me! Yell at me! Something! I know I am doing wrong, but still doing it.. I think it is because I keep losing.. but I KNOW I could gain it all back eventually if I keep up the way I am.. Ugh.. Sugar SUCKS! I think I need a detox! 

eating a lot of carbs or sugar doesn't make you sick with the sleeve?

Most Active