APPROVAL! AFTER 5 YEARS & 9 MONTHS!! FINALLY!!!

akindofmagick
on 5/10/15 12:27 pm - MD

My paperwork was submitted to Aetna on Tuesday, 5 May 2015, after cardiology clearance was obtained on Monday; approval came ONLY TWO DAYS LATER! The staff at Johns Hopkins Bayview was shocked!  Surgery date with Dr. Schweitzer scheduled for 18 June.  CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS FINALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!

Supplies:

I have already picked up a hand blender, a new digital bathroom scale, and some being-discontinued Systema small lunch box components. Still need to get a digital kitchen scale and a pill organizer with breakfast/lunch/dinner dividers.

Ordered an UNJURY sampler kit yesterday.  Still need to get some Chilke protein coffee, ISOPURE, and bariatric vitamins and supplements recommended by my nut. I will get Premier Protein drinks from Costco.

What else should I do to prepare?  YAYAYAYYAYA!!!

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

Mary B.
on 5/10/15 1:50 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

Congratulations on finally getting approved.  You've certainly been thinking this through and getting prepared!

One recommendation I would make is to get ISOPURE samples if possible.  See the post from earlier today.  I can't stomach the Alpine Punch.  However, GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe will give you a refund or let you exchange the big jars if you don't like them.  

Also, I recommend the SYNTRAX Nectars as a supplement to the UNJURY powders which are good.  If the UNJURY samples aren't coming with a thermometer, make sure you have one for the warm drinks.

I'm sure you'll do well. 

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

Lillydivine
on 5/10/15 3:34 pm
VSG on 04/13/15

Congratulations! 

Drink lots of water. Especially after surgery. It does help keep things moving along.

Height 5ft 2in / Highest Weight 277lbs / Surgery April 13, 2015 / Surgery Weight 270lbs / Current Weight 230lbs / Goal 130ibs

Beth Of Fletchair
on 5/10/15 7:33 pm
with

Don't over prepare.  You only need the protein drinks for a few weeks and the brands that you can stand now could be horrible tasting after surgery.  Travel light to the hospital but bring GasX strips and Lip Balm.
I was so over prepared it was ridiculous.  The one thing that I really used and appreciated was the Organic Bone Broth reductions that my Brother  put in 30 individual freezer cups.  He strained them through cheese cloth and I lived on it for the first week.  I was only allowed to have liquids you could see through and the Isopure water made me gag!

Oneillch
on 5/10/15 8:32 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

Before surgery, you may want to pick up a few "grocery" items so that they're there when you get home from the hospital.  I liked the flavored decaf teas, sugar free jello & freezer pops, chicken or beef broths and no sugar added juices. Be sure they're on your plan and best of luck with everything. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views