Liquid Protein Sources

TexasLady52
on 5/14/15 1:05 pm
Revision on 06/10/14

Don't buy up a lot of any one thing ..... your taste will change after surgery.  For my pre-op,,, I drank Atkins Dark Chocolate Royale.... it was handy and conveinen.  I drank it for awhile after surgery also....but it is only 15 grams of protein.  After surger I could not stand any protein drinks....I gagged on all of them....absolutely could not get a Premier down.  Now I love them....have one nearly every day.  I use GENEPRO....30 grams for a tablespoon.....I mix it with crystal light lemonade and drink on it all day at my desk....get in my p0rotein and water at the same time.  I order it from Amazon. .

robinreinhardt
on 5/14/15 1:13 pm

I really like the Unjury chocolate splendor. Good luck on your liquid diet. You will do great.

Robin

ElizaM
on 5/14/15 1:21 pm
VSG on 07/24/14

Post op (I didn't have to drink shakes pre-op) I mixed Syntrax Nectar in almond milk. I like allll the flavors and they dissolve nicely but especially at the beginning, they had to be from the Nectar line, because those are Whey Protein Isolate and have no lactose. Whey Protein Concentrate often has lactose in it. Post op, lactose caused a problem, so I mixed shakes with unsweetened almond milk.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views