Circulation: Did it improve post VSG weight loss?

samanthalc
on 5/11/15 8:33 am
with

I have poor circulation (self diagnosed) in my legs.  They're always cold, sometimes puffy from fluid.  I also sit a lot.... but I digress.  I suspect some of my circulation trouble, if not all, is due to my weight.  So, for those with experiences similar to mind: did you find your circulation noticeably improved post VSG?

MommaGbear
on 5/11/15 9:13 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with

I will say that my ankles and feet, since surgery, have been TINY! I started have swelling in my ankles/feet 2 1/2 years ago after ankle surgery. It got better after about 9 months, but never went away. Since my surgery, my feet/ankles are as small as they were before the ankle surgery. I LOVE IT!

So, yes, I certainly think weight loss will help with circulation.

Cuparian
on 5/11/15 9:25 am
VSG on 05/13/15

Hi, My top weight was 388 (maybe more) prior to surgery which will be 13th May this tear I have lost 30+lb and have already noticed less swelling in ankles but I have been exercising and moving more.

I think it would make sense that circulation would improve

HW 380 SW 352.5

Tracy D.
on 5/11/15 10:36 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I sit all day at my job too.  Before surgery my feet and ankies would be puffy at the end of the day.  I don't seem to have that problem now.  I also exercise a whole bunch more than I did before surgery.  I'm sure it's the combination of weight loss and physical exercise that has made the difference.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/11/15 11:17 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'm not sure if it was VSG alone that helped with my circulation. I also have a job that sometimes is very sedentary & my legs would swell up, but after the surgery I also became more active. I walk more & started to do more street bike riding. So it might be more of a combo of losing the excess weight & walking more. I notice I don't swell up nearly as much now.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

breathemusic
on 5/11/15 11:57 am

I think it probably varies from person to person, and also depends on the symptoms.  I never had issues with swelling before, but My hands and feet were always cold.  I also could never sit on the floor (be it indian style or legs straight out or whatever) without my feet/legs falling asleep within minutes.  Sadly, NONE of this has changed since losing over 100 pounds.  My feet and hands are still perpetual ice cubes and my legs still fall asleep if I don't sit on a chair or up off the floor to at least some degree.

So it sounds like you might see some benefit from swelling, but possibly not the temperature thing.

Pamela M.
on 5/11/15 1:01 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Yes, yes, yes!  I had horrible swelling before surgery and now there's none at all.  I also took a pretty bad fall at work last week and I was amazed at how quickly I healed.  Inflammation is no longer a problem for me.  My body cells are much healthier and happier!  You will be very pleased with this positive aspect of weight loss.  Hope this was some encouragement.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

samanthalc
on 5/11/15 2:04 pm
with

Thanks to all of you for the responses!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views