Band to Sleeve Revision-Weight loss?

lovelife
on 5/31/15 7:18 am - Hoquiam, WA

I am 11 days out from my sleeve surgery.  I had my band removed in April.

I have heard differing weight loss results from a couple of people and I am wondering what success people have had with weight loss after a revision to the sleeve. 

Kathy S.
on 5/31/15 7:19 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on your surgery. We look forward to your updates. 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

mickeymantle
on 5/31/15 7:51 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

everyone is different you really can't compare  other peoples speed with your own 

starting weight , age , genetics, lifestyle all effect your weight loss

if you did good with the crap band you will do great with the sleeve , if you ate crap with the band you will also with the sleeve and need therapy to help with eating disorders

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

lovelife
on 6/3/15 7:38 am - Hoquiam, WA

Thanks Mickey.  I understand the factors of successful weight loss and that each person is different, I wasn't necessarily trying to compare.  

I was really just looking to hear about the experience others have had with a revision since I am having a hard time finding posts such as this. 

Joanna B
on 5/31/15 9:05 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

Hi There! I had a revision from the band to the sleeve in March. I have the band for 8 years and just recently starting having bad reflux. This was the only issue I had with the band. I was able to lose 70 lbs and keep it off until I started having the reflux and had to have a unfill. Then I gained all the weight back and then some. I did lose slow with the band and am also losing slow with the sleeve. I am very careful not to over eat and measure everything which I did not do with the band. As you know, the band tells you when you are full. I do not get that full sensation yet.  Of course everyone is different, but I liked my band, and LOVE my sleeve =]

Best of luck to you!

lovelife
on 6/3/15 7:40 am - Hoquiam, WA

Thank you Joanna.  I appreciate your comment.

lianna
on 5/31/15 9:57 am - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I am happy with my progress.  I lost 80+ lbs slowly and steadily with the band  (which I regained, plus some, with an empty slipped band).  I lost a nice chunk the first month post op after Sleeve, and have continued to lose 1-2 lbs a week since... so I guess I am still considered a slow loser.  However, I am not quite 3 months out and down 30 lbs.  I have no doubt that I will turtle my way to the finish line.   

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

lovelife
on 6/3/15 7:41 am - Hoquiam, WA

:-).

I'm ok with turle...as long as it goes down. 

michele1
on 5/31/15 12:35 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

Following......had my band in June 08, needs to be removed due to minor slip and esophageal dilation. Will get my surgery day Monday when I make 1st payment. Lost 90 pounds with the band gained back 30 over the last few years. Hoping to get back to my lowest band weight and maybe an extra 10 so I will be following :-)

lovelife
on 6/3/15 7:42 am - Hoquiam, WA

Good Luck to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 263 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 326 views