Still in hospital! In a lot of pain:(

dtaylor24
on 6/10/15 10:20 am - TN
VSG on 06/09/15

They have me sitting up right now. I have also been up walking several times & they are giving me Pepcid for gas. I also spit up a chunk of blood tinged phlegm that freaked me out, but the nurse said that me using my spirometer is helping me clear out my lungs. My doctor has me sipping the 3oz of liquid(water & broth) once per hour. It burns so bad when it goes down. Also, I am running a low grade temp which the nurse says that's normal to. The pain meds help a little but I get extremely nauseated even with the phenergan & zofran. My surgery had some complications, I had a lot of scar tissue from not having a spleen and was in surgery was over two hours.. He cut me in six different areas with the largest incisions on my left side. He was unable to repair my hernia due to all the scar tissue and felt like it had been there for a while. Looks like I will be taking my PPI for the rest of me life:(  They kept me in recovery for 5 hours. When I woke up from surgery I was in excruciating pain. I am hoping to go home this evening, I have been compliant with my doctors orders and can't say I don't regret having the surgery.Thanks to all of you that have reached out to me. 

gwen41539
on 6/10/15 10:36 am - kimper, KY

Im so sorry you had complications I hope you get to.go home but if your hurting that bad Mayne you should stay another.night just to be safe??? Hopefully things will smooth out and the stomach acid will.settle and you will be ok keep posting I hope you feel better 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Tracy D.
on 6/10/15 11:53 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

That sucks that he couldn't repair the hernia while he was in there - all that digging around is probably a big reason for your increased pain too.  I hope things start looking up for you real soon!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

GooseGirl
on 6/10/15 12:27 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Yuck. Sucks that you are in such pain right now but I think it's great that you can still say you don't regret having the surgery. Hopefully each day will be better than the previous one. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/15 12:58 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Oww! I'm glad that you're still there so that they can keep an eye on you! It's always good when they play it safe and take extra time to watch out for problems, that way you don't have more trouble when you get home.

One way to look at things-- taking a PPI forever is WAY better than taking meds for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or all the other stuff caused by obesity, IMO!

Fingers crossed that you get to go home soon!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Meghan704
on 6/10/15 3:29 pm
VSG on 06/16/15

Ouch!! Hopefully you have a safe and easy recovery. I'm so glad you made a post, I've been waiting to see how things went for you. Feel better! :)

Alison B.
on 6/10/15 3:47 pm - ROSEVILLE, MN
VSG on 05/28/15

I'm sorry that it's been so rough : (   I think the anticipation of a new start and a new life runs into the reality of recovering from major surgery and can leave us wondering what we've done to ourselves.... It does get better, I promise. I'm only 12 days postsurgery, and although I haven't regained my former energy level I am feeling better each day. Might they consider keeping you an additional day? Don't be afraid to ask for pain meds when you need them. I'm sending good thoughts your way 

Height: 5'10" HW: 264.4 Bariatric information session 1/21/15. Insurance approves VSG 4/30/15. Surgery date 5/28/15.

dtaylor24
on 6/10/15 7:18 pm - TN
VSG on 06/09/15

Hey! I just got home from the hospital. Thank goodness I have a supportive husband whom has waited on me hand foot. Did you have any burning like feelings in your new tummy? I am so glad that you're feeling much better. I feel weak & tired but I always look forward to reading every one's post. Thanks for the words of encouragement:)

Ready2goNOW
on 6/10/15 5:31 pm

Sorry to hear you're in pain & had those complications, but believe everyday you will see improvement & you will.

Jealous you made it to the loser's bench..I still have 2 months to go!

Take it slow & easy.

Kathy

Meghan704
on 6/11/15 6:40 am
VSG on 06/16/15

How is the pain today?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views