regain?

soprofound
on 8/11/15 6:59 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

has anyone dealth with regain? im going through that and i want to catch it before it gets out of control. 

Tracy D.
on 8/11/15 11:53 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Yes - I had surgery 5-24-13; reached my goal of 135 on 12-31-13.  I eventually got down to 132 as my lowest around June 2014.  However, after that I got a bit too comfortable and starting messing around with crappy carbs. It got totally out of hand around the holidays.  By the end of June 2015, my weight was up to 145!  

I had 7 lbs. of skin/fat removed with plastics last month.  I'm currently sitting at 131 and will be making my way down to 125.  What did it take?  Going back to basics:  1000 calories a day, 100-120 grams of protein (for healing post-op), less than 60 grams of carb, logging all my food every day.  

You'll notice I didn't say "exercise" - because post-plastics that has been pretty much impossible.  I've been told to keep my walking at a "stroll" and I wasn't even able to do that until about 2-3 weeks out.  It really, truly is ALL ABOUT THE FOOD you put in your mouth every day.  Get that back in line and the weight will come off.  Promise! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

LML8789
on 8/12/15 6:26 am

Thanks to both of you--one for the question and one for the response.  I've been dealing with about 15 lbs of regain and was ashamed to ask the question.  I was also afraid of the answer--maybe it just wasnt possible to lose it again?  Starting now I'm following your advice!  thanks--Lisa

Valerie G.
on 8/13/15 5:00 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

"Some" regain is perfectly normal, which is why people work so hard to lose all they possibly can during that honeymoon phase.  It's important to never stop paying attention to what you're eating, especially now that you're out of that phase.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

soprofound
on 8/13/15 1:34 pm - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

thanks you all. i regained 25lbs and i dont want it to go any further. 

SuperBee
on 8/17/15 3:36 pm
VSG on 05/28/13 with

I am dealing with some regain issues myself.  I never quite fully made it to my "goal" of 150 to see how I would feel at that weight.  I made it as low as 169 and now I am up to 190 again.  I really don't have an excuse for it, other than I gave into temptation one too many times and a taste here or there of "slider" foods just completely get out of control.  Yes I have had quite a bit of stress in my life this past year to year and a half, but I should have dealt with it other than turning to food.  

This past week I took some positive steps and began walking each day and trying to steer clear of the foods that set me off. I have gone back to logging food and wearing my fitness band.  I truly do want to get to that goal of 150 and get the rest of this weight off.  

I wish you all the best with getting back on track!  We can do this - just remember how far you have all ready come.  Just coming back to these boards and seeing my old signature with my starting weight of 283, makes me still feel like I have accomplished so much.  Time to push on and finish what I started 2 years ago. 

HW: 283.4 SW: 269.8 CW: 200 GW: 150

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views