I know stalls are normal but...seriously...

murphyjo
on 9/9/15 8:22 am

I am nearly 3 wks post op and have been the same weight for 2 weeks...I know I was a little low on the water this weekend, but still got an easy 50 oz.  However...my clothes are getting bigger, so that is awesome!! now...if the scale would cooperate, or it is going to have to go, because I can't just not weigh myself...Stalled, but happy!!!

joanne0658
on 9/9/15 8:26 am

i know how you feel . . . . .but . . . . .walk away from the scale and rely on the "undies" factor . . . . .that's the true determinate for actual changes . . . .plus a no wedgie day is a glorious day!

Hang tight . .sip some fluid and smile like crazy!

jo

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

murphyjo
on 9/9/15 10:15 am

LOL!  I have already retired a few pair of undies from active duty, it was fun to throw them out.  Now I have pants, and a few shirts to get ready to donate.  God-willing, I'll never need them again!  I am heading to the basement this weekend to find more old "skinnier" clothes, I have always had hope I would be able to wear them again:)

DRMackie
on 9/9/15 8:50 am - Independence, MO

Im almost 4 weeks Post Op.  I had about a 4 day stall.  Needed more fluid. Now drinking G2 and water back and forth.  Stay away from the scale.  Weight once a week.  The clothes are starting to fall off now.  Biggest size is about to go bye bye. I was weighing almost every day and I had to stop it because it was making me crazy.  

Deb

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/9/15 9:12 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Seriously, its not a stall, any kind of movement whether its on the scale or a change in your measurements is progress. A stall, a true stall, is when neither one is happening at all & even then the person may have thrown themselves into maintenance. 

I know I''m a newbie, but there are some vets that can better speak to the subject of stalls.

You will be fine, stay away from the scale for awhile & stay with your Drs plan for you. Your body is healing. In the beginning I never paid much attention to the scale because I knew I was fresh from surgery & still healing. Once I moved past the stages & was on solids, I figure I was far enough out from surgery to give it some attention.

Don't become scale obsessed, it'll drive you crazy! Good Luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

murphyjo
on 9/9/15 10:10 am

Thanks!  I just had so much fun weighing after surgery, that I want to keep seeing those numbers.  I will need to put the scale away and bring it out once a week, or month...especially with my pants being too big, I know I am losing something. down nearly 2 sizes, so that makes me happy and makes it easier to forget about the weight. It will all catch up at some point :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views