A newby with a couple questions

Aleyna1228
on 9/30/15 8:04 am

Hello all-

This is my first post so here goes... First off I just had my sleeve done last Monday on 9/21/15.  I feel I am doing fairly good with my recovery.  Of course there is the pain but that is getting better everyday and I am now only taking a pain med at night!  Yeah!  I am currently down 10 pounds since surgery.  What I am wondering is if this seems like where I should be?  I know we will all have different experiences and lose at a different pace and as long as I am losing I am happy but just thought I would check.  Another thing I do wonder is if there is a calorie count to keep in mind right now?  I have been averaging about 650 a day since I am mixing my protein with skim milk.  I also wonder how often and how far I should be walking on a daily basis?  I am up to about 1.5 miles twice a day.  Any and all input is greatly appreciated and I am so glad I found this site!  You all seem so genuine, caring and down to earth!

Thanks so much!

Aleyna

Age- 35 | 5'4" | Surgery VSG - 9/21/15

Highest/Consult- 250 | Surgery- 235 | Current- 143 | Goal- 145 |

| M1-22 | M2-10 | M3-13 | M4-13 | M5-13 | M6-10| M7 - 8| M8- 3| Total Lost - 107|

Reached goal in 7 months 1 week and now maintaining!

Bufflehead
on 9/30/15 10:58 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Hi Aleyna,

Okay, with respect to your first question about the amount of weight loss, I mean this very sincerely, you already answered your own question:

I know we will all have different experiences and lose at a different pace and as long as I am losing I am happy

There is no accepted rate of weight loss speed after surgery. It really depends on so many factors. As long as you are confident you are following your plan faithfully, IMO you need to let go of this question.

Calorie count -- that depends on the plan laid out for you by your medical team.

Walking -- as long as you are tolerating it and managing to stay hydrated and feel good, then keep on walking, you are doing great.

Neesie57
on 9/30/15 1:51 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My Nutritionist told me to not count calories right now, but to make sure I get my required grams of protein.  They set my goal at 57-85 grams a day.  

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views