I hate eating

msfitzy
on 10/20/15 5:53 am
with

I had my surgery on 8/17 and I have lost a total of 64 pounds from my highest, 39 since surgery. If I do my best and eat enough protein in a day, I either remain the same or go up a little weight wise. But if I have a super busy day and don't eat much at all, I got down. This is really hard because the stubbornness of my brain tries to tell me to just not eat since I'm never hungry anyways. But I know that I have to eat to keep my body healthy.

How do you get past this? I don't want to fall into an eating disorder, so I'm really trying to force myself to keep eating my protein. It's just really difficult.

And I know.....don't weigh myself so much. But I love seeing the scale go down. It's just been that I noticed the days that I get all my protein in, the next day is not a weight loss. Just trying to understand this.

Age: 35 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 08/17/15 | Starting Weight: 307 | Surgery Weight: 279 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 212 | WL so far: 95 lbs

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tracy D.
on 10/20/15 6:18 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You've lost 39 lbs. in two months - that's AMAZING! When was the last time you lost that much in two months?

You may think there is a direct correlation between eating your protein and the scale - but it's probably not even true. The scale fluctuates for lots of different reasons, most of them related to water weight. What you need to focus on is the overall trajectory. Is it going down over time? Are you losing month-to-month? If yes, then you're doing the right things.

It's VERY important to get all your protein in every single day for long-term health. You don't want your body to cannibalize it's muscle for protein (which will create a temporary weight loss, but the BAD kind!).

Quit trying to understand why the scale does what it does - it will drive you insane. Focus on your measurements, the NSVs from losing weight and hitting your protein/carb/water goals every day. Focus on what you have complete control of (what goes in your mouth every day) and let go of what you have no control of (the number on the scale every day).

Honest to god, if you get 80 grams of protein, less than 40 grams of carb , and 80-100 oz. of water per day, you can't screw this up

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ipray
on 10/20/15 6:46 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I agree with Tracy 100%! Especially concerning the scale as the farther along you get the slower the weight will come off which is normal. You may also find yourself having one or several 3 week stalls which is also normal. Just stick to the plan as Tracy recommended and you will lose the weight in a healthier way. Good luck to you!

Luvmygs
on 10/20/15 7:38 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Congratulations on your 64 lbs.!!! Remember our new stomach is just a tool. Your body does need nutrition, reach for protein, veggies or water! We can't and won't see changes until we start making healthy choices and it will happen. It does get better and easier. Hang-in-there.

Dan1962
on 10/20/15 8:12 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

First congradulations on your effort and great results so far. I completely understand watching the scales but you really need to make sure you eat. The scales will take care of themselves if you eat right and exersize. When I was going through the rapid weight loss, I knew it wasnt going to last forever so I focused on chnaging my life style and adapting to a new one. I now am focused on high protein meals and snacks and keeping my body moving. I'm not perfect everyday but for the most part I'm pretty happy with myself and I love the results. If you do this, in the longterm, you will see results. Good luck.

Mrskilmister
on 10/20/15 8:44 am
VSG on 07/31/15 with

I understand what you are going through. I am 10 weeks out and I just don't care for food anymore. I force myself to eat but a shake or two a day are more than enough for my new stomach. I have lost a total of 65lb from my highest and 45 since surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/15 12:08 pm
VSG on 07/27/15

ty for posting this! my surgery was 7/27 and i have been feeling the same way =\

i know i'm not eating enough, but feel like when i do, the scale goes up. i think i might go back to adding a protein shake, even though they kinda gross me out now. bleh :P lol

you are doing GREAT so far. keep it up :)

CBStory
on 10/23/15 2:29 pm

I had been feeling the exact same way. My surgery was 8/20. I hate eating too. And I didn't want to create a future problem. I wasn't sure weather to force myself to eat more. It was as if I was a child, and being forced to sit at the dinner table until I finished. I began to push myself to eat more, and then the scale wouldn't move down for 10 days, and this was only after 2 months after surgery. I started to panic. So I regrouped and told myself if I couldn't finish all the food part, just leave it, but I continued with the protein shakes. At least 2. I try for 3 a day, but it's hard. Also, I don't think I was drinking enough water. And I've been reading here how importan****er is. I'm now much more vigilant with water and the protein shakes, and have been loosing again. But it's scary to see that scale not move. :-)

Good luck to all of us.

My Story So Far: HW: 330, SW (8/20/15): 300, GW: 160, Other Goals: Run, jog and be flexible again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views