What's your Favorite??

Karen H.
on 11/1/15 11:28 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Looking for new ideas of what to take to work for lunch. Got any ideas? What's your

favorite lunch? Thanks!

Karen H.
on 11/1/15 12:50 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

I am not getting any responses. LOL I am not looking for a fancy menu.

Just plain and simple please. Just trying to get some ideas of what to take for

lunch. Fast, Simple, Easy, not fancy at all. OK,,,, LOL.... Help me out here. :) Thanks so much!!

Minkey
on 11/2/15 2:27 pm

I like cottage cheese and will put either tomato, pineapple tidbits or peaches with it. Always seems to hit the spot. Tuna salad made with lite mayo and pickle relish is good too. Make up some turkey burgers or lean hamburgers and microwave them, then use mustard or salsa to spice them up. If you like to cook, double your recipe and put leftovers in the freezer which can then be nuked at work. Look on the recipe forum for more ideas. Good luck!

texasbumpkin
on 11/1/15 1:06 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

Chicken salad.

Spencerella
on 11/1/15 1:09 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I'm definitely not the creative type when it comes to food, but I've never missed a meal because of that limitation ;-). Today I put some cottage cheese in a bowl, laid a half a can of salmon over the top, then sprinkled it with several squeezes of fresh lemon juice and ground pepper. (Works with half a can of tuna too). So for under 250 cals and a handful of carbs, I got in about 30 or so grams of protein. Still running on full steam from that small calorie meal a couple of hours later.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

MelissaKay_69
on 11/1/15 1:30 pm

I don't make anything fancy. I will take 1/2 pouch of tuna mixed with some light mayo. Cooked broccoli and cauliflower. 2 oz of deli sliced turkey. Low fat cheese sticks. Apple slices. All natural applesauce.

Karen H.
on 11/1/15 1:33 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

WOW!!! Thanks for the ideas! PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING! :) I'm getting a fresh look at my lunch routine! :)

JoeyJo
on 11/1/15 1:51 pm - NJ

I just bought a bunch of flavored Tuna Creations packets and a big bag of sweet papers from Costco. I cut a pepper in half, fill a half with tuna and that's lunch. When I'm very hungry or if it's a small (non Costco) pepper, I'll split the tuna between both pepper halves and eat both. Usually I just eat half.

Each Monday, I bring a bag with my peppers, tuna packets, Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts and light mini babybel cheeses, which I call my "emergency cheese" in case I have to work late.

Dan1962
on 11/1/15 2:48 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Fresh raw vegetables with canned tuna and balsamic vinaigrette. I also do it with salmon and grilled chicken.

Chicken breast with salsa

Deli meat with reduced fat mozzarella cheese sticks.

I also eat a lot of left over meats from dinner the night before.

Duetoprivacy
on 11/1/15 3:06 pm

I usually bring leftovers from last night's dinner. Other times, it's cottage cheese and deli turkey, or the Triple Zero Greek Yogurt, or sometimes I'll slow cook a chicken breast on Sunday with thyme and lemon juice and chicken broth and then shred it after it's done and put it in little containers for the week with some green beans.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views