TMI about my gallbladder/stool

SassyAmy
on 11/9/15 7:42 am
VSG on 08/05/15

I recently started taking Ursodiol and have noticed a few things--I wanted your guys' input to see if any of you have experienced the same things.

1) I've noticed in increase in discomfort--I'm having a lot of cramping resulting in tenesmus. It feels like I have to have a BM, but then don't produce anything.

2) Today my stool is bright green. I have not, to my knowledge, eaten anything out of the ordinary or colored strangely that would produce this effect.

Do these sound like normal side effects of Ursodiol or should I contact my doctor right away to see if something is up with my gallbladder? I had a normal (if a bit loose) stool yesterday (accompanied with intense cramping), but today it's all cramps, loose, and bright green. Thoughts?

~*All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney*~

Sleeved on August 5th, 2015 |  HW: 292 | SW: 275 | GW: 135

Valerie G.
on 11/9/15 9:38 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Iron pills give me green stool.....and black jelly beans

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Neesie57
on 11/9/15 12:00 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

For the first 2 months after my surgery my stools were also very green, an I wasn't eating any veggies at all.  Now that I am eating some veggies they are no longer green.  Go figure.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

White Dove
on 11/9/15 12:29 pm - Warren, OH

Bright green stool is usually from purple dye.  Gaterade or purple Kool-Aid is common cause.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

dakruskie
on 11/10/15 9:48 pm

I don't know about that medicine, but I remember having to take iron pills while pregnant and it turning my stool bright green. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views