Prescription card to order kids meals

alouisa63
on 2/22/16 9:25 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Personally, I would rather ask for a take out box than ask to order off the kids menu or ask for half servings if they aren't offered on the menu.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/22/16 11:28 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Have one.  Never used it.

First of all, I don't feel that I deserve special treatment because I've decided to alter my body in order to lose weight. And I don't care to share that information with a food service worker.

When I order a full meal, I eat half and bring the other half home to eat the next day.  Someone posted a horror story on OH about a cashier announcing over the loud speaker that they needed a manager to approve a discount for a weight loss card. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

diane S.
on 2/22/16 11:34 am

I have such a card but haven't really used it. I often order an appetizer as my meal and most places are fine with it.  Only once did I go to a place where they charged a whole bunch to split meals. I explained to the waitress that i had most of  my stomach removed for medical reasons and that I could not eat the sides even if i took them home. she allowed me to order just a steak and took a few bucks off.  I took most of it home.   Thats the only issue i have had.    I like restaurants that offer "small plates".  don't fret.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

LosinginAZ
on 2/22/16 11:42 am

Thanks for all the replies. I do not anticipate ever using mine, I just wondered how common they were. Before my surgery, if I went out to eat, I just ordered a side of grilled chicken and never had a problem. I will probably just keep doing that :) If I go out that is. 

Thanks everyone!

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

tdelson
on 2/22/16 12:29 pm
VSG on 10/12/15 with

I have a card and showed it to a waitress in the diner, she called another waitress over and the two of them were laughing very hard. I wasn't planning on ordering off the children's menu and just took my leftovers home, but I was wondering what would happen if I tried to. Please note I knew the waitresses

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/24/16 11:26 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I do not have one, but my friend did and when he tried to use it the restaurant just said they did not honor those.  For me, I get what I want and say HURRAY FOR THE LEFTOVERS - I won't have to cook for the rest of the week.

Sharon

KansasPrincess
on 2/25/16 7:50 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

I have one! its useless. it never works, just raises a lot of questions and dirty looks!

LosinginAZ
on 2/25/16 7:54 am

I did not end up using mine. I went to texas roadhouse for dinner, ordered the kids grilled chicken with a side of broccoli, and the server didn't say a word :) It was nice being able to eat out with my family without feeling like the odd man out. I ate slowly, and had food leftover! It was great :) 

I found lots of other restaurants that have healthy kids options too. Red robin has grilled chicken, Applebees has grilled chicken, outback has grilled chicken and a small sirloin steak, etc. So from now on I will just ask for a kids item, if they say I cant, then I will order an adult meal and take home leftovers, no biggie :) 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

KattattaK
on 2/25/16 12:37 pm

I was given one way back in 2005 after band surgery. I have never used it. I actually still have it and carry it in my wallet. No idea why lol

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views