Day 2. Post Op

Newchapter
on 3/24/16 7:51 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

Don't like rushing the days, but at 33 hours post op....I sure do wish recovery was way behind me. Trying to be optimistic because I know it will all be worth it, but right now it's hard to focus on the positives.  I raise my glass to all of you WLS kings and queens. This part is TOUGH!!  

pdxwoman
on 3/24/16 8:25 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

Yes I just had mine on 3/21. My incisions definitely hurt and my mobility is not as far along as I would like it. Tonight I had to take the full pain meds. Hang in there it will get better. 

Darcy G.
on 3/24/16 8:32 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Sending healing vibes to both of y'all. Hope the pain passes quickly, liquids go down smoothly, and energy returns in epic time.

luvmypuggies
on 3/24/16 8:38 pm

Hang in there!  The first couple of days are the worst, but you'll be feeling better and better from here on out.  Remember to sip sip sip to avoid getting dehydrated.  I added a spash of apple juice to my water bottle and it was yummy and helped me drink more. Onward and upward (or downward in the case of the scale!). :)

Newchapter
on 3/25/16 12:27 am
VSG on 03/23/16

I'll try the splash of apple juice. Thanks. I'm so worried about getting dehydrated. I hope it will eventually become second nature because right now if I didn't set a timer, I just wouldn't think about it.  

Newchapter
on 3/25/16 12:22 am
VSG on 03/23/16

Thank you for the replies. I actually found OH during my initial research for WLS. Verg thankful I did simply for the fact that "outsiders"  just can't understand our journey and if I hear one more person say "if you'd just diet and exercise"....You think we haven't tried that on numerous occasions?  Thank you again.  You guys rock. 

PUGGLESPUPS
on 3/25/16 3:34 am - MA

let us know how things are going for you.. and what you've experienced so far.    thanks in advance

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views