Does the acid reflux ease up?

Newchapter
on 3/25/16 10:10 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

I tried finding info on this before starting a new thread, but I couldn't. forgive me if I missed one. Anyway, the acid reflux is horrible. I knew it was a risk, but geez. At times it even happens with just plain water. I've been vary cautious not to consume more than my stomach can handle, or at least I think I am. Could it be caused by drinking too  frequently, and more importantly, will it ever ease up?  

Rafa
on 3/25/16 11:02 pm
VSG on 03/16/16

Hey New.

Did the doctor prescribe you anything for acidity? Mine has me drinking 2 teaspoons of an anti-acid 3 times a day or said I could take it more often if needed.

Newchapter
on 3/26/16 12:11 am
VSG on 03/23/16

Thanks for the response. I've been on Omeprozole for a year now, but it hasn't seemed to touch this. I'll give him a call to see if I should get something else. 

happyteacher
on 3/26/16 8:11 am

I know Karik is one that had to try different PPI's until he found one that worked, and that there was a dramatic difference in effectiveness. Not sure what he switched to though- can't remember. Personally, I was on omnaprazole, but it was switched to Pant??prazole. Not sure of the name, but I can find out for you. Both work similarly well for me. I was switched due to the second one being easier on the disgestive system. The swelling that you are experiencing can make it worse, so possibly it will improve. It may not though. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Newchapter
on 3/26/16 9:16 am
VSG on 03/23/16

I didn't even consider the swelling. I do know I've had more hiccups in these last few days than I've had in my entire life. Lol. Thank you again. I will definitely give my Dr a call on Monday if it doesn't ease up. 

luvmypuggies
on 3/25/16 11:47 pm

Ask you doc for an acid blocker (or PPI - proton pump inhibitor).  I think it's fairly typical to have this as standard issue after surgery for at least the first month or two, so I'm surprised you weren't told to take one.  Let the doc know, and I'm sure they can help you fix this so you don't have to suffer.  Good luck!

Newchapter
on 3/26/16 12:18 am
VSG on 03/23/16

I've been taking Omeprezole for a year now, so I'm going to assume that's why my surgeon didn't  suggest or prescribe one. Today it was pretty bad.  Like I hadn't taken anything at all. I will give him a call to see if he thinks it needs to be changed. Thanks for the advice. I should have thought to call him, but with all the "newness" happening, I don't seem to be thinking as clearly as I should. Lol. Thanks again.  

Rafa
on 3/26/16 6:06 am
VSG on 03/16/16

Glad to help m8. Yeah man, every time anything happens out of the ordinary I text my doctor or his staff and they'll answer back within minutes with what to do/change to fix it.

There is nothing we cannot accomplish with determination and willpower.

alouisa63
on 3/26/16 5:00 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Maybe your dosage needs to be increased but on the days when mine was really bad, Tums really helped along with my omeprazole.  Thankfully those days are now far between.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Rafa
on 3/26/16 6:05 am
VSG on 03/16/16

Not sure TUMS are an option 2 days out of surgery, a bit too soon for solids I would think.

At least my doctor has me taking all liquid medicines.

There is nothing we cannot accomplish with determination and willpower.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views