pain after surgery how long does it last?

judeloren
on 4/13/16 7:23 am

Hello, I am 2 weeks post op today and i feel great except for pain in my muscles on my right side. it still hurts to sit and stand and sleeping is horrible. i cant lay on either side yet. Dr. thinks its incision pain but it is about 6 inches below my incision but does go around to my back some so it may be from the incision. With other surgeries it was gone by 2 weeks. how long did your pain last?

hollykim
on 4/13/16 7:42 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 13, 2016 at 2:23 PM Pacific Time, judeloren wrote:

Hello, I am 2 weeks post op today and i feel great except for pain in my muscles on my right side. it still hurts to sit and stand and sleeping is horrible. i cant lay on either side yet. Dr. thinks its incision pain but it is about 6 inches below my incision but does go around to my back some so it may be from the incision. With other surgeries it was gone by 2 weeks. how long did your pain last?

mine only lasted a few days. What you describe sounds like it could be your gallbladder. Do you still have it?

judeloren
on 4/13/16 7:49 am

oh i forgot to say that! I do not have my gall bladder it was taken out before the sleeve surgery.

mmsmom
on 4/13/16 9:25 am - Woburn, MA

5 weeks!

VSG on 04/28/2014

LebenAlles
on 4/13/16 10:46 am
VSG on 04/05/16

Interesting to read this.  I'm only a week post-op, but I too have that same pain around my right side.  And if I strain to get up too much, that's immediately where I feel it as well.  It is certainly not fun!  I hope your pain is alleviated soon!

sheriberi29
on 4/13/16 11:57 am - Cleveland, TN

This could be from the liver retractor used to keep your liver out of the way during surgery 

LebenAlles
on 4/13/16 4:42 pm
VSG on 04/05/16

Ah, good to know!

pdxwoman
on 4/13/16 11:13 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

My pain has subsided and I am 3 weeks and 2 days. I had more pain around the incision site but some on the right as well. It was the worst about days 5-10. Searing pain. But now it's almost gone. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views